Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help Need 83 Winnebago Brave owners Manual

Hi I just bought a 1983 Winnebago brave in really good shape for the year. This is my first motorhome and this thing has a lot of stuff for me to figure out. I have been beating my head trying to find an owners manual for it. I contacted winnebago and they told me I can get one from a dealer. So I contacted a local dealer that sells Winnebago and they told me that they can't get them. I have been searching online and nothing. I have a little book I got with it that is the Forward Controls Models from Chevrolet but that don't tell you much.
Miller93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The online Operator Manuals that Winnebago maintains only go back as far as 1988. However, if you give Lichtsinn Motors a call they should be able to order a copy of the manual for you. According to page 211 of the Winnebago Parts Catalog pdf they have online the Operator Manual for your coach should be part number 054185-19-000 1983 Winnebago & Itasca. (Lichtsinn is located in Forest City right next to the factory--they are an excellent source of Winnebago/Itasca parts.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Help Need 83 Winnebago Brave owners Manual

Let me know what model number fridge you have I bet I have the appliances
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
Let me know what model number fridge you have I bet I have the appliances
It don't have the oem fridge. It was taken out and a electric mini fridge was put in its place. The owner that had it before me had most of the appliances books.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Current problems I have. No headlights, the brake light stays on in the middle of the dash.
Anyone know if these will turn off the headlights in the ebrake is on? I think I have the ebrake all the way off but haven’t tried to move it yet. Trying to fix some stuff before I move it. Hell it took me a half hour to find the master cylinder for the brakes. Got the dash panel to work but think the gas gauge isn't working right. It says it has a full tank. They guy I bought it off from don't think it has that much.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
The online Operator Manuals that Winnebago maintains only go back as far as 1988. However, if you give Lichtsinn Motors a call they should be able to order a copy of the manual for you. According to page 211 of the Winnebago Parts Catalog pdf they have online the Operator Manual for your coach should be part number 054185-19-000 1983 Winnebago & Itasca. (Lichtsinn is located in Forest City right next to the factory--they are an excellent source of Winnebago/Itasca parts.)
Thanks I will give them a try
Old 08-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Well I sent them an email and they can get it. only 28.80 not as bad as I thought. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Which model Brave did you get and does it have the gas engine or the diesel option?

The brochure gives some insights:
http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/...-Brave-bro.pdf

The On-Line Parts Manuals can also give you some insights (don't overlook 1983 common items and you may have to open them directly in Adobe Reader, not in the web viewer if you get just blank pages and some on-line readers don't support the forms Winni used in their pdf docs):
Parts Catalog
Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

It is the 26RB with the 454

Tags
brave, manual, winnebago