Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Headlamp Switch / ICC Question

Hello all -
After poking around, searching the forums, and reading everything I can get my hands on, I have a question.
Does a 2008 Journey 39Z have an ICC Switch? I cannot find anything that functions to flash the clearance lights (and it may well be that the ICC is not an option on this rig).
That being said - on the headlamp switch itself, when it is in the "Parking Light" or "Headlights On" position (half turn to right or full turn), the switch pulls out an pushes in. There are markings on the switch that allude to this. However - pulling and pushing the switch itself does nothing that I can discern.
So... I know that the switches are generic and not Winnebago - perhaps this is a function when wired to some other systems?
Thanks for any enlightenment as to the presence of an ICC switch and/or the function of the push/pull on the headlight switch.
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you had a SmartWheel the ICC switch would be on there, but since you don't I can't help with that. As far as the headlight switch goes, I believe that is intended to activate fog lights, but Winnebago uses a separate switch for that.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks....

That is rather what I figured.
And no Smart Wheel, so no switches there (I've had a rig w/ Smart Wheel before).
I'm figuring no ICC.
Thanks for the kind response; I was not wanted to call Winnebago with such a simple question but I just might after all!
John
Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Just for laughs, poke around behind the dash and see if by chance you have two flashers. One would be for the turn signals and the other for the four-ways. I had a heck of a time finding one of mine. The turn signals didn't work and I could only find one flasher. When I found the second one I tied a ribbon to each one so If I needed, I could find them easy next time.
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the excellent suggestion(s).....I have found some really *interesting* things in the past from just looking closely, and you are correct that I haven't done that. I do know how to operate the flashers and they work fine - but I didn't consider that there may be another switch nearby.

Tags
switch