Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 Sightseer and the slide is above the floor (3" as described earlier) and the slide is only 33" deep. The RecPro couch needs 36" in order to recline. I have not ordered this yet but was thinking that I could move the sofa against the wall when the slide is in (no reclining allowed here) and when the slide is out I would pull out the couch a few inches and have blocks that would fit between the main floor and feet on the couch. It is an extra step in setting up but may allow me to switch out the current couch with a nice reclining couch, any thoughts?
retireewanttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybee View Post
So when your slide is out the couch is on a 3" tall platform?

I have a 2016 Adventurer 37F and want to replace the sofa. Our slide is even with the main floor when it all the way out. I'm hoping this Rec Pro will work.

Yes - the slide on the passenger side is on a 3" tall platform that does not sit flush with the main floor. Because that entire slide area is a sofa, you don't notice it. The slide on the drives slide is different. It sits flush. If your sofa sits on a flush slide, you shouldn't have any problem replacing your sofa.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireewanttobe View Post
We have a 2005 Sightseer and the slide is above the floor (3" as described earlier) and the slide is only 33" deep. The RecPro couch needs 36" in order to recline. I have not ordered this yet but was thinking that I could move the sofa against the wall when the slide is in (no reclining allowed here) and when the slide is out I would pull out the couch a few inches and have blocks that would fit between the main floor and feet on the couch. It is an extra step in setting up but may allow me to switch out the current couch with a nice reclining couch, any thoughts?
Let me know if that works! You may want to consider locking casters or wheels instead of the blocks so that it will roll with the slide as it moves in and out. Just remember - recliner sofa's sits at a height of about 43". Measure the height of the current sofa to see where the back of the new sofa will hit. For example - our current sofa sits at 33" from the platform to the top of the back of the sofa which has it running directly along the bottom of our windows. The bottom of valance rails are 36" from the platform up. So if were able to add a recliner sofa - at 43" in height, we would be encroaching into our windows by 10" or so. Between the height of the sofa and the valance, we would only have about 8" of window space that would not be blocked. And would have to shorten the valance rails as well.

I really want someone to be able to get this all to work!!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I believe the RecPro reclining sofa is 39" in height if you go that route, I will also be loosing some window space but it is on the drivers side where we typically have the shades pulled down anyway.
retireewanttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Our sofa swap out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtorhome View Post
Looking to switch out the uncomfortable sofa in our 2014 Sightseer 35G. While we would prefer to have reclining sofa, the 3 inch floor on top of the slide would make the height of a new reclining sofa encroach too far into our window space. So now we are thinking about just going to a regular sofa. Just curious if anyone else switched out theirs and what you came up with. Thanks!
Had a professional do the install here is the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190425_092924.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	171461  
Woodvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the pic Woodvue! It helps alot to be able to see an actual replacement. One of my concerns have been how much window view I would lose due to the new height of the sofa. Also, do you seem to notice if your feet dangle when sitting due to that rise of the platform over the height of the regular floor? Overall, are you happy you made the switch?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, feet do dangle, BUT, we put the foot rest up. So no dangle. We love it. Also under driver side window across from loveseat we put an ottoman with storage (40 inches wide).
Woodvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtorhome View Post
Thanks for the pic Woodvue! It helps alot to be able to see an actual replacement. One of my concerns have been how much window view I would lose due to the new height of the sofa. Also, do you seem to notice if your feet dangle when sitting due to that rise of the platform over the height of the regular floor? Overall, are you happy you made the switch?
We have two recliners in our 35U and don't really notice the extra height when sitting. Even when you don't want to recline much, all you have to do is recline just enough for the leg rest to come up a couple of inches.

Alternatively, you might be able to find a recliner that could be lowered. We have a reclining chair at home that's on wooden legs that ould be easily lowered four inches or so.

We haven't really noticed the reduced window view.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireewanttobe View Post
So did you order the RecPro couch? And if so, how did you end up dealing with the extra depth needed? Are you happy with it all?
Old 07-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #30
DLH

No , did not purchase. I just thought the video would help or be another option.Thanks
DLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

That looks great Woodvue. Does the sofa extend over the slide platform? Did the installer add anything to the gap between the ends of the platform? Is the sofa attached to the platform? We just got our Recpro 80 inch Charles sofa with 3 recliners. I've removed the center section of the old sofa from the MH. Looks like the end pieces will need to be disassembled to come out.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieB View Post
That looks great Woodvue. Does the sofa extend over the slide platform? Did the installer add anything to the gap between the ends of the platform? Is the sofa attached to the platform? We just got our Recpro 80 inch Charles sofa with 3 recliners. I've removed the center section of the old sofa from the MH. Looks like the end pieces will need to be disassembled to come out.
Post Pics Howie B and let us know what you did to regarding all that too. We both have the Sightseer 35G and I'm anxious to hear and see your results. We are looking at pulling the RecPro trigger when we return to IL later this month. We are gonna get the 4 seater instead of the 3 seater.
Meowtorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

I'll try to remember to take pictures. I assembled the set in the garage today. 1000% more comfortable than anything in the MH now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190716_114228.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	171947   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190716_114248.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	171948  

HowieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

We chose the 80 inch Charles 3 recliner option so we would have room for a combination dog crate/side table.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190713_113203.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	171951  
Old 07-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Here is picture of the RecPro I installed in my 2016 Vista 30T. I had to shorten the side valences about 2 3/4 of an inch. The chairs are screwed down into the floor and they have never moved. For the over hang I cut down two pieces of 2x4 and screwed them to the bottom of the frame. They sit about 1/8 if of an inch off the floor. I am going to cut them one more time so I can cover them with material that matches the recliners . I am 250 pounds and when I am in the chair and it is fully reclined the 2x4 has never gone down to the floor.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190718_094724 (1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	171966
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:41 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Here is picture of the RecPro I installed in my 2016 Vista 30T. I had to shorten the side valences about 2 3/4 of an inch. The chairs are screwed down into the floor and they have never moved. For the over hang I cut down two pieces of 2x4 and screwed them to the bottom of the frame. They sit about 1/8 if of an inch off the floor. I am going to cut them one more time so I can cover them with material that matches the recliners . I am 250 pounds and when I am in the chair and it is fully reclined the 2x4 has never gone down to the floor.
The overhang is not nearly as much as it looks in the picture....
Old 07-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, Jeeper. My slide platform has a thin layer of plywood. Is it sheet aluminum beneath the plywood? The screws that anchored my original sofa look like self tapping metal screws. Did you use those screws to anchor your new set? I like the 2x4 idea, keeping them and the covering fabric just above the floor. Do you have any more pictures?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Nacho Guy, I screwed in a piece of aluminum plate to the back bottom frame of the chairs and with the backs off I was able to screw those into the floor. I was able to screw the side closest to the door to the aluminum frame that the original sofa had been screwed to. The front side (closest to front of MH) just went into the floor but it was very solid and has not come loose or moved a bit. I think each chair side has four or six screws in it not counting the back plates I put in. We still use the seat belts and my wife sits back there, reclines and sleeps or reads when we are driving and she has had enough of the front...
Old 07-18-2019, 08:50 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, Jeeper. I can't wait to get it installed, as soon as this heat and humidity dissipate.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieB View Post
Thanks, Jeeper. I can't wait to get it installed, as soon as this heat and humidity dissipate.
How's the install going?

Tags
sightseer, switch