Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Gaffney Spa treatment for 2003 Journey

Just got back from Freightliner service at Gaffney S.C. and it was money well spent! In the future I will drive the 3.5 hours to get service there then any dealer nearby. Also attended Camp Freightliner while there and came away with a ton of new found knowledge. Mike Cody had everything from our 2003 up to 2014 coach owners in the class and he knew and covered them all. Syndi on the front desk and all the RV techs are awesome! Free overnight parking with a 50 amp hookup, dump staton and water fill what else do you need?

Spa treatment included:
Synthetic oil in transmission and new filters.
Replaced rusted muffler straps and rusted tail pipe.
Complete generator service.
New koni shocks.. Huge difference!!
Adjusted Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer ... OMG it went straight down the road 15-20 seconds no hands.
Brake service - clean, adjust, lube S cams . Ahhhh no more popping sounds and brakes feel great!
Replace serpentine belt and water pump belt.
Replace fuel filter.
4 wheel weighing and tire pressure recommendations.

Highly recommend being well taken care of if you are in the area.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelm130 View Post
Just got back from Freightliner service at Gaffney S.C. and it was money well spent! In the future I will drive the 3.5 hours to get service there then any dealer nearby. Also attended Camp Freightliner while there and came away with a ton of new found knowledge. Mike Cody had everything from our 2003 up to 2014 coach owners in the class and he knew and covered them all. Syndi on the front desk and all the RV techs are awesome! Free overnight parking with a 50 amp hookup, dump staton and water fill what else do you need?

Spa treatment included:
Synthetic oil in transmission and new filters.
Replaced rusted muffler straps and rusted tail pipe.
Complete generator service.
New koni shocks.. Huge difference!!
Adjusted Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer ... OMG it went straight down the road 15-20 seconds no hands.
Brake service - clean, adjust, lube S cams . Ahhhh no more popping sounds and brakes feel great!
Replace serpentine belt and water pump belt.
Replace fuel filter.
4 wheel weighing and tire pressure recommendations.

Highly recommend being well taken care of if you are in the area.
Sounds great. I would make a 3.5 hour trip as well. But I am at least 2 days drive from Houston. But I am going to try and plan that trip for 2015.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I would reserve your spot early for camp Freightliner if interested in attending it while getting serviced. He is already booked for almost the rest of this year. They announce the next year dates sometime in the late fall or early winter I think.

I forgot to mention that Mike said that Freightliner is working on a new customer portal web site. Sounds like it would be customized to each person and remember your information and coach.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Kelm130

Can you give me an idea of the cost involved for this service. Is it a "standard" service, or did you create you own list of tasks to perform?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 03-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo88 View Post
Kelm130 Can you give me an idea of the cost involved for this service. Is it a "standard" service, or did you create you own list of tasks to perform? Thanks, Ron
Would love in idea of the cost of this as well

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

One of the things I will miss now that we traded our 2002 Journey is the annual trip to FCCC Service Center in Gaffney. Great folks there, great service and very reasonable prices.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Mine was probably a little more expensive than the typical yearly maintenance because I had my own list of things I wanted fixed. The brakes and installing the shocks where the largest part of the bill but I'm glad I had them done. We are the second owners of this coach and I just wanted to get it to a maintenance baseline so next year I can start in with the yearly’s. My bill came out to around $2500

They have the predefined Freightliner M1, M2, M3, M4 lists of yearly scheduled maintenance items (1 year, 2 years, 3 years etc...) that most everyone goes off of. I got the feeling the yearly’s ranged around $1000 to $1500 but each one can and will be different depending on the coach. They only charge $90 an hour and if you join their FCCC club you get 5% off.

It looks like all they do is RVs there in 6 bays. You actually get to meet and talk to your tech when he picks it up (priceless as the commercial says) and Syndi at the front desk is always there to answer your questions.

There is a nice lounge to hang out in if you don't take the Camp Freightliner class and the city of Gaffney is interesting to drive around. Some cute old diners and Limestone College is there. Cowpens Nation Battle Field is right down the road and is an interesting bit of American Revolution history. Beautiful park with bike and walking trails.

Can you tell we had a good visit? Lol!!
Old 03-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Kelm130. Glad you had a good time in Gaffney. We were there for 8 months for my DW's job, I work about 45 min from there. However we live north of Charlotte.

We had the service done last fall on our 2013 Journey they did the 6 month & the 1 year service, several things overlapped with only a couple additional items on the 1 year service. The cost for ours was $650. Required fluid changes and inspections. Plus we purchased a few carry on board items just in case needed in route. We had the 5% discount. We did not get an alignment, due to their machine out of service. I plan on taking it back this fall for the 2 year service, unless I can find a place to do it myself.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey