Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #41
Winnebago Watcher

Same Issue

Brand new 2014 Meridian 34 B had slide jam in on first camping trip to Duluth. Took it back to dealer, Lichtsinn Motors, and they had to replace both mechanisms on long slide. Still have uneasy feeling every time I use the long slide with the very small Lippert mechanism and very long and heavy slide but it worked OK out to California and back to MN. Be interested to know if Lippert/Winnebago will retrofit new design mechanism for free.
rd55127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

The power gear systems use support bars which take up basement space. The lippert systems use top rollers instead of the bars, which frees up basement space.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuster1 View Post
Ive been battling my full wall slide for a few months now. The bottom rear stays out a few inches when closed. Winnebago has been no help because all I heard during the warranty period was noise, no evidence of the wall not coming in fully. I've since been in contact with Lippert and have diagnosed the issue. Winnebago needs to install the system within certain tolerances. The distance from the gear track to the outside of the column needs to be 2.5 inches +- 1/8. When the tolerance is too tight, the motors amp out and stop or work too hard. When the tolerance is too loose (Mine measure 3.0 inches on the affected part of the wall) the gears can skip teeth because they are not making full contact. Lippert says the column needs to be adjusted to 2.5 inches. Not something that could have been cause by user error or wear and tear. At the dealer now, we'll see how it goes.
Update: Lippert sent my dealer a list of measurements they needed to proceed. Lippert and Winnebago have decided it will be repaired under warranty. Woo Hoo.
Scuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

Check out these pics of the 2014 vs 2015 Thor Mirimar 34.3 which has a full wall slide. You can see an extra Schwintek worm gear rail. Wondering if this change is to add reliability? I have not seen this configuration on any other coach. I am trying to find out more about this setup, but can't find anything on the Schwintek website about it. All the 2015 Mirimars with full wall slide have this third rail now.

aarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I was going to load the new coach for our first trip and when I went to put out the full wall slide the bottom went out a few inches and the top stayed in. I stopped at once and when I retracted the slide It made a crunching sound and that was it. I called Winnebago and they said take it back to the dealer, that was my first thought too!! Well I took it back to Camping world and left it. I should hear from them this afternoon once they have a chance to get into it. So instead of heading to the beac for a week we are sick at home. It happens with a new rig sometimes and I am just dissapointed, wish me luck, Jim
I have come to a conclusion that their are two kinds of Rv owners with the

Schwintiek system those who have had problems and those who will.

Winiebago should be ashamed of putting these out before they were

tested. I know that Winniebago has a jet for it's executives if it was built

like their motor home slides they would have to find replacement For the

President, vice president and sales staff weekley. very poor workmanship

Rick FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #46
Winnebago Watcher

Lippert Problems

Wife and I are in Forest City, IA attending the WIT Grand National Rally and having a great time meeting other Winnebago/Itasca owners and the various vendors who supply parts for our coaches. I spoke to a Lipprt representative who indicated the slide mechanisms are robust and have a failure rate of a "couple of percent." Speaking to other WIT members I would estimate a higher number on some of the newer coaches. I am not an attorney but this is starting to look like a class action lawsuit for knowingly providing a product prone to failure.
rd55127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

jimbob, if your trying to get camping world at woodstock to fix slide, the only thing I can say is that I'll be praying for you. might just want rent a condo at the beach this year. Dave
Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Hi, I wouldn't go to Camping World, Woodstock, Ga if they were the last camping world. They have technicians who don't care or take pride in there work and a service manager who doesn't check their work.
I bought my coach from them and they couldn't remember to replace 4 screws in bed board after installing sleep number bed which caused slide not to come all the way in.
Find another repair center!!!!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:09 AM   #49
Winnebago Camper

Tom-NC- someone that can document that they went to camping world in woodstock should go to rv.net and do a post to dearmarcus about how bad they are. My info is from friends in my goodsam camping club. Two of them have bought Winnabgos with the full slide and have problems. Camping world in Oakwood isn't much better. Dave

PS I'm down the road from you in Blairsville

Tags
journey, slide