Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Looked and found 6 pages of links to this topic - however none specific to a 1999.
Just got the unit today and already I am trying to take it apart -
I removed the wood trim on the right side of the TV and found nothing there except the frame mount. I found two screws going into the side in the left hand overhead cabinet. The top screw is easy to get to, the lower one, due to the angle, looks like the inverter/video control unit must come out.
Course this begs the question, how does the video control unit and inverter come out.
Once I get the two left hand screws out, what about the right side?
This TV mounts in the front right corner of the cab and not in the center like some I have seen.
Well, off we go to spend a night in "shakedown" mode.

TIA for the help
Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Looked and found 6 pages of links to this topic - however none specific to a 1999.
I removed the wood trim on the right side of the TV and found nothing there except the frame mount. I found two screws going into the side in the left hand overhead cabinet. The top screw is easy to get to, the lower one, due to the angle, looks like the inverter/video control unit must come out.
Course this begs the question, how does the video control unit and inverter come out.
This TV mounts in the front right corner of the cab and not in the center like some I have seen.

TIA for the help
Old 05-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mickey53usa:

TIA for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael,

I could not find any info on a 29 foot Adventurer in 1999 however those with a side mount TV do look the same as in my 1995 Vectra. If the trim ring around the TV is plastic then you need to gently pull this away from the TV to release the velcro holding it in place. Next loosen the adjusting screws holding the passenger visor bracket in place. You should see these inside the cabinet under the right side of the TV mounted in vertical slots. Loosening these will allow the next step which is to locate the metal band clamp that goes around the TV itself. On each side of this clamp on the bottom is an adjusting bolt or two that you need to loosen to drop the bottom of the clamp and allow the TV to slide out. It is tight in there and you may need an extra long open end wrench to get at them.

Regards,
Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Michael,

Use the link above to go to the winnebago web site and download the "parts manual" for your model and year. There are exploded views in the manual that might help in figuring out how it comes apart. I believe that Winnebago uses metal strapping to secure the tv, the manual should show it.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Michael....never removed the TV on my 99 35C, but I did remove the inverter and video controller. The padded cover is just on with two screws and the inverter is held in place with a velcro strip on the bottom. The metal plates on top of the rack are secured with very small screws along the edges....it's in two pieces...you need a very short handle phillips screw driver to remove them...very difficult to put the back in. The video controller is very difficult to get out...on my unit it is also held in place with velcro and the front rubber feet on the unit fit down into holes in the metal shelf it sits on...not enough room to raise the unit far enough to get the feet out of the holes...really had to pry and work at it. When I finally got it out, I ground down the rubber feet to make putting it back easier..... Hope this helps you.

2004 Adventurer 38G
J Stemler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Tom,

Where is the link you spoke of? I need info on my '96 Itasca Suncruiser.

Thanks,
Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by retired and happy:
Tom,

Where is the link you spoke of? I need info on my '96 Itasca Suncruiser.

Thanks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/%7Eservice/webcd.htm
Old 05-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ken,

NeilV beat me to it. He has provided you the correct link to the Winnebago page. Select your year from the list on the left. Then scroll down to select your model. You need Acrobat reader to download the file. For mine I have saved a copy of the file on CD Rom for future use. It is a complete breakdown of the parts and panels for your motorhome. There are also complete wiring diagrams available on the Winnebago web site. Great resource.

For the future, you will find several resources at the top of this "Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum". They are the sections that are in bold at the top of the forum section.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all. I have bookmarked it and will dig in when the kids go to bed.