Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Forza/Solei 34T w/ front drop down bunk

I'm hoping someone with one of these coaches can answer this question for me. I'm looking at the 34T with drop down front bunk, and according to the Winnebago web site, it's only 36" wide (2015 model). Is this correct? I don't have a dealer nearby with one in stock so I can't go look at one in person, but from the pictures and videos I've seen, the bunk looks huge, like a full size queen bed, but the web site has it listed as 36x85. I want to put 2 kids up there (10yrs old) and they won't both fit if it's really only 3 feet wide.

Thank you.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We had that drop down bunk in our 15 35F and it's only 36x85 and you definitely can't put 2 kids up there.
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We recently traded ours in, but the bunk is not wider than 3 feet. Also, ours was a 2014, and there was no ladder to climb into the bunk. The bunk only comes down as far as the top of captain's chairs. So unless you have a step stool/ladder, the kids are going to have to be pretty agile to get into the bunk.

Good luck.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you both for your replies.

Sadly that takes those coaches off my short list......
Old 11-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you don't have a length restriction, why not look at the 38 foot Forza? It has bunks that make into a workstation.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
If you don't have a length restriction, why not look at the 38 foot Forza? It has bunks that make into a workstation.
I looked at the 38R. Unfortunately I just REALLY don't like the floor plan of that coach. When you walk into someone's home, you typically walk into a living space (living room, family room, great room, etc), you don't walk into their kitchen. I have a very strong aversion to front-entry coaches with the kitchen right behind the driver's seat.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny1763 View Post
We recently traded ours in, but the bunk is not wider than 3 feet. Also, ours was a 2014, and there was no ladder to climb into the bunk. The bunk only comes down as far as the top of captain's chairs. So unless you have a step stool/ladder, the kids are going to have to be pretty agile to get into the bunk.

Good luck.
Your ladder should be under your bed in the bedroom.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Mike:

FWIW, it wasn't, but that's ok because someone else has it now.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny1763 View Post
Mike:

FWIW, it wasn't, but that's ok because someone else has it now.
Hmmm.. It's funny because the first few times we used our 35F my cousin was like what's the deal here there's no ladder and watching him jump up there with his short legs was pretty funny too so I mentioned that on here and someone replied that it was under the bed in the bedroom and I went back there and lifted up the bed and there it was.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

No, the 34T does not come with a ladder for the bunk over the cab. The couch is designed so that you can use it to step up and pull yourself into it. It does have a "headboard" and side curtains that make it pretty private and my 10 year old grandson loves it. It is narrow, so only one grandchild can sleep comfortably in it. The other takes over the couch, which makes into a queen bed. Her and the dog think that is heaven and we just retreat to the master bedroom to watch tv once they settle down.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I eas in the Forza 34T. We really wanted to like it. It just seemed to tight in the lounge and kitchen area. They needed to have the opposing slide to open that up from our point of view. Then I might own one.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
I eas in the Forza 34T. We really wanted to like it. It just seemed to tight in the lounge and kitchen area. They needed to have the opposing slide to open that up from our point of view. Then I might own one.
I really wanted to like the Forza too as it checks most of the boxes for what I'm looking for, but the small loft may be a deal killer. With competing brands like the Fleetwood Excursion having a full queen air mattress in their loft, their 35E provides dedicated sleeping for 6 people (i.e. no need to pull out a sofa or drop a dinette table down)! My daughter could bring a couple of her little friends on a weekend outing and everyone could have their own bed. Much easier to manage w/ 2 big dogs vs. having to step over/around sofabeds, etc......
Old 05-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

maryland license restriction

The bunk is not wide enough for two of anything. But I did find an airbed that is designed to fit the rear seat of a car or SUV, it has a part that lays on the floor. I plan to put a padded board between the drivers and navigators seat to support if I have all the grand kids on a trip. We purchased the 2014 Solei 34t and were lucky we did as Maryland requires a class A or B Non commercial license endorsement if your units listed GVW is over 26000 pounds. The Solei is listed at 26000 exactly. Oh and you must test in a RV of the required weight which means finding a driver to take you to the MVA for your test in your new toy. A dealer told me that most people don't bother to get it as you have to take a test and most cops don't know the rule, but I bet if you have an accident a sharp eyed lawyer will know the rule and will use that to his clients advantage!
evanslb19 is offline   Reply With Quote