Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Forza 38R blower motor

I have a 2014 Forza and the dash air/heat blower motor only works on high speed. Does anyone have the specific location of the blower motor and specific steps to get at the blower motor resistor?
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hagenl, from the inside the resistor pack is just to the right of the blower motor. You maybe able to see it if you remove the cup holder panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forza Heater.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	111314  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks GRTHARRIS. I was able to pull the cup holder assembly and see the blower motor. However the lower dash panel in front of the passenger is blocking access to the location where the resistor would be located. Do you know how this large panel is removed or loosened to gain access to the resistor? I've got one on order from Winnebago and it was only $12.95 but the labor for install would probably be a killer.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Hagenl Looks like you have to remove the dash panel to get to the screws holding the large panel on the passenger side. Also looks like there are some screws along the bottom of the panel.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

2014 Forza 38R

Hello,

I saw your post and wanted to know how you like your Forza? My wife and I are looking to go full time RV Living and really like the layout of the Forza 38R. Have you had any issues with the unit so far and would you recommend this RV? Thanks
BoeingSWTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

BoeingSWTech, we bought ours new in March of 14 not realizing it was a brand new model line and felt like guinea pigs for a long time. In 2015 and then 2016 they fixed and changed several things on those models. We modified the seating in front of the TV, taking out the couch bed and putting in 2 recliners and a small table. The floor plan has been great for us with the grandchildren and I also use the small dinette as an "office". Winnebago stood behind any problems we had and the slides were a big issue. In 2015 they changed to the Power Gear slide mechanism which works great. We're pleased. As a side note I obtained the Blower Motor Resistor from Winnebago and LaMesa in Yuma, AZ installed it for $72.00
Old 12-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Blower issues

I too own a 2014 Forza 38R. I just recently got back from Forest City, Iowa.
We had ours in for some issues. One of ours is the front blower.
My wife and I tend to do a lot of winter dry camping. While on our maiden voyage to Colorado in December the defroster would quit blowing after an hour or so into the trip. Then after some stops the blower would seem to reset and work fine for a while, then act up again.
We took to our dealer...they said hard to diagnose unless acting up for them. Then summer arrived and no issues with the blower. Then our trip to the manufacturer cold & snowy the issue returned. Winnebago worked on it...saying
some resistors were overheating and so replaced them.
On our trip home the same scenario...blower quit working. I would like to get this issue resolved...dangerous while driving and windshield fogging up. Any suggestions?
Reality96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Reality96, our first issue had been the blower would not work (like the windshield washer motor) until driven and hitting some bumps. It took 3 trips to dealer and calls to Forest City to finally get the actual motor replaced. I am convinced it was a ground issue but what would a dummy like me know! The motor itself has worked great since. I would try that route but first call Service Administration to complain about an unsolved and ongoing problem. Good luck
Old 12-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

The blower still sounds like it is running, but very little to no air movement. I will look into grounding issue.

Thanks
Reality96 is offline   Reply With Quote