Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #381
Winnie-Wise

Yes, I have to say again.. Great job!
Interesting how us Winny users can finish the job for them. I've had other MH's and they are need finishing. But it's like buying a used house. To make it your own, one needs to remodel it to fit your needs. Same with a MH.

One thing I have to say is that when we build a slide shelf arrangement such as what you and I have done, we build the shelves in such a size that they will occomode the stuff were going to stock them with. As in our case it's our coffee pots (2) and Waffle storage.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #382
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Fascinating project. My wife would love me to do that too, (hope see never sees what you did). 🥴
Looks like it finally makes that area more useable. Good job!
Old 11-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #383
Winnebago Master

Great job, Bill. You guys are upping the ante!

Question...does anyone know if we have a heater vent to the basement area with the water lines? We are heading to the northern Oregon coast for 2 weeks at xmas and I'm getting concerned about freezing lines.

Also...my entry door lock is acting up. The small lock, not the deadbolt. The lever doesn't engage all the way, then I have to play with it with the key. Does anyone know the part number for the lock assembly? I replaced the one on my last RV because it BROKE the day we were leaving for a trip. Luckily it was a Class C and we could use the front doors. IF this one breaks, we're out of luck.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #384
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Great job, Bill. You guys are upping the ante!

Question...does anyone know if we have a heater vent to the basement area with the water lines? We are heading to the northern Oregon coast for 2 weeks at xmas and I'm getting concerned about freezing lines.

Also...my entry door lock is acting up. The small lock, not the deadbolt. The lever doesn't engage all the way, then I have to play with it with the key. Does anyone know the part number for the lock assembly? I replaced the one on my last RV because it BROKE the day we were leaving for a trip. Luckily it was a Class C and we could use the front doors. IF this one breaks, we're out of luck.
Door Lock problem.. Yes Mine Also. Had to change it out. Use Amazon,

Heater vent. Yes.. basement is heated. Look to the left of the water manifold. Look UP.. It is there.

Denny and Barb...
Old 11-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #385
Winnebago Master

Do you know the part number for the lock?

The heater vent, yup. I saw it that night. I turned on the heat and checked it out. I have to dig a little deeper, tho, cuz there's 2 hoses. I believe the larger one is the duct under the TV/drawers into the bedroom, but the small one? Maybe it goes into the tank cavity? That would be awesome if that's the case.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #386
Winnie-Wise

In my Intent... the basement heat duct is about 3" diameter and hanging down behind the left side of water pump and runs towards the back.

Issue with the original door latch is that it's pretty easy to lock oneself out. So when it broke on me this summer, I ordered a ONE KEY lock that makes it impossible to lock oneself out, except if you loose the key and don't have access to the spare.
This is what I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replaces-Tr...72.m2749.l2649

Seems to be a bitter better built. Was pretty much a plug-n-play. Don't recall having any issues with the installation.

Denny
Old 11-29-2019, 09:28 AM   #387
Winnie-Wise

Dirty Clothes Chute

Finished the Clothes Chute today.

Noticed after removing the left back panel from the "tailgate" lid, found there was some open space there. So I added a bottom piece of plywood to form the bottom just above the basement (more space there also for something?).

Then went to work to build a door for the bedroom entry to the cloths chute.

Cut the hole, mounted the door and job pretty much done.

(I didn't have the proper stain for the door, so did a different approach. Got a 1x3 of distressed fur from Home Depot. Put some stain and poly on it, and yep it is different. Kinda looks like the new modern look of kitchen cabinets now days. )

I used a motorcycle net to keep the cloths in the bin. The panel that I removed from this area, I can use to cover the open area if needed.

Since I'm now in Arizona away from my woodshop, I was pleased the way my few tools worked in place of a joiner, plainer, table saw that I don't have access to here.

Denny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	172471   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC4.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	172472  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	172473   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	172474  

Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #388
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Nice job! I can’t seem to figure out where that shoot drops into in the outside kitchen ? from the picture. Also interested in your profile where you say you have four 12 V. batteries. Where did you find room to locate them? In the storage bay to the left?
Old 11-29-2019, 08:23 PM   #389
Winnie-Wise

Wyatt, will answer your 2nd question 1st. Yes you are correct.... batteries 3 and 4 are in storage compartment to the left of the battery compartment. Please note, you will have to add a couple of 4" round vents to take care of the lead-acid battery requirements , if that is the type you install there.

1st question is easy to answer. To the right of the mini refrig is a white panel. Remove the screws fastening it, and open it up... You will see much storage room available back there. I removed the panel and added a floor with 1/4" plywood, just above the water tank. That is the floor for the chute. Hope this helps... Denny
Old 11-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #390
Winnebago Master

Nice, Denny. I found that space right after purchase and figured out that the cabinet door below the kitchen sink is a good fit. Winnebago wants $95 without hardware and 3-5 weeks.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #391
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Wyatt, will answer your 2nd question 1st. Yes you are correct.... batteries 3 and 4 are in storage compartment to the left of the battery compartment. Please note, you will have to add a couple of 4" round vents to take care of the lead-acid battery requirements , if that is the type you install there.

1st question is easy to answer. To the right of the mini refrig is a white panel. Remove the screws fastening it, and open it up... You will see much storage room available back there. I removed the panel and added a floor with 1/4" plywood, just above the water tank. That is the floor for the chute. Hope this helps... Denny
Thanks for the explanation, I’ll have to explore that unused space where you added the “laundry shoot”. I’m now considering a shoot for empty bottles. 😂

Insofar as the batteries, I figured that’s where I’d add mine, if I wished to, but then, I’d have to relinquish space for our portable automatic ice maker which is occupying that space currently. Hmm, priorities...😲
Old 11-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #392
Winnie-Wise

Priorities . That is about right.

Another possible battery box area might just be the sewer area. I don't have allot of sewer stuff and maybe towards the back would work for two 29's sizes?

Reason I don't need much room for sewer hoses, is because I use the Rhino expandable hoses from Walmart. They seem to be really durable and convenient.

Have you looked at the location on engine battery? Don't know how one would replace that thing where it's located. Would like to re-locate it.

Denny
Old 12-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #393
Winnebago Master

When I add 2 batteries and switch to 6v, I'm going to make an extension to the existing battery area. I think 3 6v will fit the current location, and then just add toward the center of the RV to hold the extra.

I have a question about the inverter...If I remember correctly, there's a receptacle to plug something directly into it. Am I correct? I want to add a TV above the entry door and will need a power source. I'm hoping that there's a receptacle on the inverter.
Anyone know for sure?
Old 12-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #394
Winnie-Wise

battery location

Quote:
When I add 2 batteries and switch to 6v, I'm going to make an extension to the existing battery area. I think 3 6v will fit the current location, and then just add toward the center of the RV to hold the extra.

I have a question about the inverter...If I remember correctly, there's a receptacle to plug something directly into it. Am I correct? I want to add a TV above the entry door and will need a power source. I'm hoping that there's a receptacle on the inverter.
Anyone know for sure?
Are you contemplating adding the 4th battery deeper towards the center of the chassis? My experience with the Trojans was they got thirsty quite often. Where ever they are placed, I believe needs easy access to their caps.

Question of the inverter.... Yes mine has a receptacle.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #395
Winnebago Master

Thanks, Denny.
Yes, batteries towards the center. The batteries in my last coach were never really thirsty, so I'll keep that in mind as I design in my head.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #396
Proud “No Intent” Owner

New question...RE: the charging system...

As you can see from my profile I have an intent, 26m.
I’ve been looking through the manuals and I see the inverter model number but I don’t see anything about the charging system that actually charges the coach batteries. Does anyone know what that system is and who makes as it doesn’t seem to be in the manuals? As always, thank you for your help comrades!
Old 12-02-2019, 11:58 PM   #397
Winnebago Master

I have a very small section in one of the manuals about it. I found it for sale on PPL motor homes for about $150. I think it’s 55 amp, even though the manual said 45 amp....if I remember correctly??
WFCO 8900 series?
Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #398
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Thumbs up Awesome!

Quote:
I have a very small section in one of the manuals about it. I found it for sale on PPL motor homes for about $150. I think it’s 55 amp, even though the manual said 45 amp....if I remember correctly??
WFCO 8900 series?
That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for helping me. What I was trying to do is figure out if I can leave my RV parked in front of my house on Shoreline power all year and whether or not I should have the coach disconnect switch on or off. Thanks to your help, I was able to read the manuals and realized that if I’m connected to Shoreline power at home the disconnect switch to the coach should be ON to allow the system to do it’s job and maintain the batteries.

Thank you for taking the time to research that and get back to me. It gave me an idea in which direction to go.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #399
Winnie-Wise

Question about under bed

Camping in cooler weather here in Arizona, i'm finding condensation under the mattress each morning. This is only in area of the front left. This is the area that we don't have storage.... (for some reason this area is blocked off... but you know when I get time, I'm going to Explore why!)

So from my high school days, I remember condensation is from the warm meeting the cold. OK? So am assuming that this area 51, is not too well insulated. Am I correct in assuming this?

I cannot wait till I have time to explore why this area is not accessible to store more STUFF.

Wife and I are tied up with Search and Rescue of this 3 rd child that has not been found yet here in Tonto Basin, Arizona. But once free, I will explore and report.

Denny
Old 12-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #400
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Is that the area above the generator that you speak of? If so, perhaps that could be where the warm air is coming from, assuming that you are running it. We have a weather station in our rig that measures, we’ll, everything, but most important to you would be inside humidity.

Tags
intent