Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Extension Ladder Placement Winnebago Forza

Fairly new to this forum, and have seen this question asked before - but wanted to ask again for clarification.
I need to access the roof of my 2015 Winnebago Forza 34T, both slides have toppers and the passenger side has two awnings. I am wondering where would be a good location to locate the legs of an extension ladder so as not to cause any damage to the roof structure. Looking at the schematics and by testing the area above the "J" strip is very flexible but there should be structural support on the radius above this on the sides - I am unsure of the construction at the rear of the coach and really don't like the idea of accessing from the front over the windshield. Thank You.
Russ
Old 10-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Roof Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SubGuy View Post
Fairly new to this forum, and have seen this question asked before - but wanted to ask again for clarification.
I need to access the roof of my 2015 Winnebago Forza 34T, both slides have toppers and the passenger side has two awnings. I am wondering where would be a good location to locate the legs of an extension ladder so as not to cause any damage to the roof structure. Looking at the schematics and by testing the area above the "J" strip is very flexible but there should be structural support on the radius above this on the sides - I am unsure of the construction at the rear of the coach and really don't like the idea of accessing from the front over the windshield. Thank You.
Russ
I purchased a 36G late in July, and 3 weeks ago wanted to go up and wash off the roof to slow down the streaks down the sides when it rained. We also have some road construction close and our house is covered in red clay dust from their work. Figured it needed a good cleaning, and boy did it ever. There was a lot of black mildew up there also since it was on the dealer's lot for a good while...

I have a 16' extension ladder with a bolt-on "stand-off" accessory which has big rubber pads on it. The pads are big enough that they do not hurt vinyl siding. I put those rubber pads on the top of the roof and not on the radius of the roof, making sure that the aluminum part of the ladder did not touch the RV. It worked great for me, and I weigh about 175lbs.

I am also open to another way to get up there, if anyone will share the proper way. I don't own a manlift or a scaffold I can drive the RV under.
GTobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info.
Russ
Old 10-16-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

why not just gently lean your ladder against one of the rolled up awning or slide-out covers? If you lean a ladder right, there is actually very little weight pushing against the RV. Extend it about 4-5 feet above the RV for support going on/off the roof. That is what I did. Worked fine.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Same unit as yours. Place my extend-a-climb telescoping ladder on the left side behind the slide. It rests against the drip rail which is metal. You can pad it with whatever taped or wrapped around the top of the ladder.

When at Forest City I had them add a ladder, almost $800.00. I should have asked the price in advance, but then I did want the ladder. While I was told there was no "blocking" pre-installed that was incorrect on their part. They don't always know their own product.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

TarasParents,
Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have any photos of the installation? Do you have the part number for the ladder, may think about installing myself. Thanks, Russ
Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Try this: https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-7...7103397&sr=1-2
works great.
cj_calva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Russ, sent you an pm.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, winnebago