Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well, one month out of warranty and my EMS is acting weird. When I plug into shore power (50 amp), sometimes the EMS reads only 30 amps. Tested shore power with clamp on amp meter and it is 50 amps. Went inside and the EMS was reading 50 amps. Thought it was a fluke.

Tonight, at a 30 amp campground, the EMS reads 50 amps! All electrics are working fine and I hear the battery charger humming normally, so I'm scratching my heads on this one.

Any one had this problem or have any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, one month out of warranty and my EMS is acting weird. When I plug into shore power (50 amp), sometimes the EMS reads only 30 amps. Tested shore power with clamp on amp meter and it is 50 amps. Went inside and the EMS was reading 50 amps. Thought it was a fluke.

Tonight, at a 30 amp campground, the EMS reads 50 amps! All electrics are working fine and I hear the battery charger humming normally, so I'm scratching my heads on this one.

Any one had this problem or have any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sounds like your EMS is a little funky. I know that sometimes the EMS will display 30 amp when plugged into 50 amp due to a faulty/miswired 50 amp outlet, but if you are having the same results on a variety of electrical sources, I'd suspect the EMS.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mine is doing the same thing. It is on the list to be replaced at GNR as it is under warranty. Call customer service they may be able to help you out.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I had the exact same problem and got ahold of the manufacturer and they sent me a new board which I put in at the foot of the bed. Very easy fix just make sure you mark the wires so they go back on the same connector.

I sent them the old one and they didn't charge me a dime. Many many people had this problem in '05 which was the year of my last coach (journey)
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for your replies! I thought I was going crazy or seeing things. Life has not been the same since I was abducted by Aliens on the Extra Terrestrial Highway in Nevada...

Best Regards!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Snipe:
Thanks all for your replies! I thought I was going crazy or seeing things. Life has not been the same since I was abducted by Aliens on the Extra Terrestrial Highway in Nevada...

Best Regards! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was his name Phil by any chance......

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote