Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I am currently looking to buy a new Journey but find the driver and passenger seats uncomfortable. Has anyone changed their seats to a flexsteel seat. I am espescialy interested in flexsteels buddy seat for my wife and dog. Is this a change that is possible? If so can I do it myself?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I am currently looking to buy a new Journey but find the driver and passenger seats uncomfortable. Has anyone changed their seats to a flexsteel seat. I am espescialy interested in flexsteels buddy seat for my wife and dog. Is this a change that is possible? If so can I do it myself?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Can't say for sure if the Flexsteel seats are interchangeable with the seats in the Journey...from what I've seen of mine, looks like most any replacement seat will bolt to the existing pedestal.

At any rate, tell me about the 'buddy seat.' Our dog loves to ride in the passenger seat (we use a dog safety harness for him) but, of course, DW and dog are a tight fit. Would love to have a seat in which they can both ride.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Sign me up as well for more info on the buddy seat. The dog has taken over the passenger seat which the DW is not very happy about. This "buddy seat" might keep peace in the family. Hurry if you can on the information as life is not so good right now. Thanks
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I got the idea from my friend who has an Alpine Coach. The Alpine can be ordered with a passenger seat made by Flexsteel that Alpine calls their Buddy seat. It is several inches wider than a normal seat. My wife shares her seat with our faithful Schnauzer and most of the time the dog is fighting for more room. I'm going to contact Flexsteel tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Sammie,
any word on the buddy seat yet? Life is getting worse by the day here as the Beagle and DW are josting for who gets the passenger seat.
Thanks
Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I called Alpine Coach. They said that their "Buddy Seat" is manufactured by Flexsteel. You should be able to contact a Flexsteel dealer in your area to order the seat. I don't think Flexsteel calls it a Buddy Seat. It is just a wider version of one of their captain chairs.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

http://www.flexsteel.com/rvmarine/pr...SkuId=545-XLER

Might be the one? About 4 inches wider...with a foot rest.

Fun time, quick....check it out!! My Sheltie and I don't have that problem....she stays in the crate behind my seat while we are 'rolling'!! (Unless I'm holding her!!)

Rose
Old 11-18-2006, 08:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I really like the buddy seat with the footrest. I was wondering if anyone has installed a true air ride seat on the driver's side. I priced a couple, and they are only maybe $200-250 more than the flexsteel. I would think it would be a lot more comfortable.

Any thoughts? Below is a link to the Sears seat that I looked at. Around $850.00 with the required low rider pedestal in ultraleather.
SEARS Seat
Dgold2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Sammie,RRT2 and Dgold2 for all the options. I will be measuring to make sure the buddie seat will fit. Sure hope so as the DW and Beagle are at it again.