Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Okay, you guys & gals have been great answering my questions so far....

Here's my next;

What's the difference between and Adventurer & a Suncruiser? Amenities? Trim Level? Is it kinda like a Mercury & a Lincoln? What does the Suncruiser give you for an extra 2K? Again, thanks in advance!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Okay, you guys & gals have been great answering my questions so far....

Here's my next;

What's the difference between and Adventurer & a Suncruiser? Amenities? Trim Level? Is it kinda like a Mercury & a Lincoln? What does the Suncruiser give you for an extra 2K? Again, thanks in advance!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it kinda like a Mercury & a Lincoln? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would have said Ford & Mercury, but that's kinds of the idea. Sometimes you can get a certain wood/interior color on one line that you can't on the other. In addition to some trim, etc, normally the Itasca model will have some items that come standard that are listed as options on the Winnebago model. But if a dealer wants to sell a rig, the price difference can somewhat go away. My recommendation would be to find whichever model you like with floor plan, colors etc and go for it!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I would also so say Ford/Mercury. Last one was an Adventurer. We would have bought another but the Itasca dealer was $ 7000 cheaper, even thougt it listed for 2K more.

I think the service from the dealer is much more important than if it's a Winie or Itasca!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have an Excel srpeadsheet that shows the differences in the 2006-2007 rigs. I imagine there are a few changes with the 2008's. Basically the Suncruiser has more amenities and available options than the Adventurer.
Doug
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I kind of depends on the year model. Itasca had upgraded upholstering materials, wood wainscote in the bedroom, slightly different mirrors, and as some one else pointed out some items that were standard on Itasca were options on the Adventurer. In the end pick one you like, the chassis are exactly the same.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

The front of the coach on a Suncruiser has a polished aluminum grille with horizontal bars. The Adventurer has bright finished perforated aluminum grille.

Suncruiser - Engraved Itasca entrance handle, Adventurer Clear Acrylic

Bedroom/Bath - Cedar Lining in wardrobe. Wood chair rail and wainscoating in bedroom. Adventurer - Decorative paneling and chair rail.

Kitchen/Dining - Angled galley overhead. Tile floor 1/2 drop pattern. Sofa/dinette combo in the 38T. Adventurer - Straight

Lounge - Mission Style cabinet doors. Broken edge. Decorative Lumacore cabinet door inserts.
Adventurer - Arched raised panel overhead cabinet doors. Pencil edge.

Hope this helps.
walt34payton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hey Walt!

Welcome aboard the iRV2.com family and the Winnebago forum.

I'd like to invite you to look here to find out all about the Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Club.

We look forward to your contributions to all the forums.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I would also so say Ford/Mercury </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say Chevy / GMC

Welcome to the forum Walt!
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #10

Looks and colors....Basically the same units.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

In 2004 when we were looking for our first MH, there was an Adventurer and Suncruiser side by side. Other than the amenities mentioned, one very big one was missed. What you SIT on while driving! The ultraleather seats were much more comfortable than the leather-faced ones. The seams seemed to be in the wrong position -- for main driverman! And if'n the man can't SIT comfortably, no one will be happy! If you get the drift. . .

Having said that, we have recently upgraded to a DP. The seats made the decision between Journey and Meridian -- again.

Now, if you won't be driving a lot, maybe it won't make a difference to you. But for us, it was a 'no-brainer'.

If you are ordering a new unit, you could always request the ultraleather seats in the Adventurer.

Rose