Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItascaJoe View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the dashboard from an Itasca Meridian? I need to get to the wiring.
Thanks.
Try looking at this in Internet Explorer: DASH 180248-01-000

On the right side, if you uncheck items they will disappear. Play with this model and see what you can find out about your dash. You can rotate it, change views, pan, magnify... I hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriver View Post
I have a 2013 Winnebago Journey and had to replace my backup camera a couple of years ago. I think your Meridian is similar. My CVS300 camera switcher is under a raised panel (darker color than the dash) on the top of the dash above the speedometer and tach. To remove the panel, remove two screws in the front edge of the panel from below. Slide the panel forward and up. My CVS300 was sitting on a shelf above the instruments.
So that's where they put that bugger! I have the 2013 Meridian, and I could never find it. I kept looking around the radio and monitor.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I have a 2013 Winnebago Journey and had to replace my backup camera a couple of years ago. I think your Meridian is similar. My CVS300 camera switcher is under a raised panel (darker color than the dash) on the top of the dash above the speedometer and tach. To remove the panel, remove two screws in the front edge of the panel from below. Slide the panel forward and up. My CVS300 was sitting on a shelf above the instruments.
Finally. A feature with easy access for service or repair! Someone was considerate when that dash was designed.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:33 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I want to thank you all for the help. My tech told me it was either the switch or the camera. I bought both and had a 50 50 shot. I found the switch and it was where audriver said it was. I changed it and nothing happened so I changed the camera and all is working again!! Yeah!!!. I didn't need to pull the dash for this. My advice is if the rear camera stops working replace that first to save you the aggravation. Both parts cost me 550.00. I can't return the switch because???? you guessed it I opened it. Oh well, I now have a used switch for sale cheap...lol. Again thank you all for your help. This site truly helps when we all work together. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I want to thank you all for the help. My tech told me it was either the switch or the camera. I bought both and had a 50 50 shot. I found the switch and it was where audriver said it was. I changed it and nothing happened so I changed the camera and all is working again!! Yeah!!!. I didn't need to pull the dash for this. My advice is if the rear camera stops working replace that first to save you the aggravation. Both parts cost me 550.00. I can't return the switch because???? you guessed it I opened it. Oh well, I now have a used switch for sale cheap...lol. Again thank you all for your help. This site truly helps when we all work together. Thank you.
Your welcome. Glad the problem is solved.

When I got my 'new to me' rig my camera was bad. The dealer replaced it and it has been fine since. On occasion I get a no camera posted on the info center, but starting the engine or turning the key off and on fixed the problem.

Happy trails.
Rick Y
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Joe,
I got the same answer from the tech (buy both) to save the hassle, but I didn't know they were $550! I may take a chance with the camera, so if you still have the switch if a few months I might drop you an IM if my strategy fails

I still have to pick a warm day here and go find the part numbers on the devices to be sure.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Hi all, I wanted to see if I can get some help/advice from you all on this as well.

We recently purchased a 2014 Meridian 34B. The backup and side cameras worked fine on the test drive and when we picked it up at the dealership. A couple days later we left for a short trip and the small monitor had a blue screen that said "no video detected"; no backup or turn signal/side camera displayed on either monitor. We stopped by the dealer and a tech got it working, but the feed was very grainy with lines running horizontally. Ten minutes into the drive it went back to the blue screen of death. Went back to the dealer after we got back and the screen had the same appearance so I knew it wouldn't last long. After I parked at the campsite, I turned the ignition off and back on; again, the blue screen of death.

The side cameras display on the larger monitor and backup on the small one. The large monitor for radio, etc., functions normally otherwise. Does that rule out the large monitor?

I had been leaning towards a loose/bad connection and also couldn't figure out how to get behind the dash to check it out. I think the tip from audriver will solve that. But it also raises the question about the camera switcher that I had no knowledge of. Does that control the feed for all of the cameras and monitors? That could be the common denominator.

Appreciate any thoughts you have.

Thanks,

Fred
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

R2D2-

My 2013 Journey 34B works as follows:

The output from the switcher is connected to the back of the radio unit, the one you refer to as the large monitor, so yes, the video from the side and rear cameras are fed through the switcher to the large monitor. When the large monitor is in camera mode it displays the rear camera view by default. When a turn signal is activated, the switcher overides the rear view with the appropriate side view. The video1 port on the small top monitor is connected to the large monitor. I have been able to switch both the NAV and the Camera display to the small monitor using the AUX output. When I switch the camera display to the small monitor, all three cameras display on the small monitor in turn as described above.

Are you saying you have a blue screen on the large monitor until you activate a turn signal? I wonder what the tech did to get the camera display to come back. If he is jiggling connections on the switcher, then maybe it is going bad.

I think what you need to do is remove the panel on top of the dash as I described. Look in there with a good light and off to the left you should see the switcher. You should be able to identify three camera ports and there should be a cable on each one. Make sure the cables are plugged in tight, and wiggle the wire just above the connector. See if anything happens on the large monitor when you do this.

Good Luck! I had to replace my rear camera and run a new cable to the front of the coach. I spent several days trying to find the switcher so the rear camera would display on the large monitor. I removed both monitors trying to find that thing and learn how it all connects.
audriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

audriver,

How easy was it to get that top panel off to get to the switcher? Do you have to reach up though all the stuff in the dash with a screwdriver to get to those screws?

I like your suggestion of running with the cap off and wiggling wires if it goes out to see if it is the switcher or camera. I might try that next weekend on my run.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

On my 40U the switch was just lying on a shelf behind the small drawer on the pedestal.
If you have a small hand you may just get by removing the drawer and feeling back there. My 1st would be, though, replace the rear camera that's the easiest.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian42e View Post
Joe,
I got the same answer from the tech (buy both) to save the hassle, but I didn't know they were $550! I may take a chance with the camera, so if you still have the switch if a few months I might drop you an IM if my strategy fails

I still have to pick a warm day here and go find the part numbers on the devices to be sure.
I installed the new switch just because I bought it. There is no issue with my used one so if you ever need it let me know I'll sell it VERY cheap.lol..Also if you need the part numbers let me know I have them.
This is where I get my parts from they are very helpful and can get you whatever you need. How to Order Parts | WinnebagoParts.comWinnebagoParts.com
Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
R2D2-

My 2013 Journey 34B works as follows:

The output from the switcher is connected to the back of the radio unit, the one you refer to as the large monitor, so yes, the video from the side and rear cameras are fed through the switcher to the large monitor. When the large monitor is in camera mode it displays the rear camera view by default. When a turn signal is activated, the switcher overides the rear view with the appropriate side view. The video1 port on the small top monitor is connected to the large monitor. I have been able to switch both the NAV and the Camera display to the small monitor using the AUX output. When I switch the camera display to the small monitor, all three cameras display on the small monitor in turn as described above.

Are you saying you have a blue screen on the large monitor until you activate a turn signal? I wonder what the tech did to get the camera display to come back. If he is jiggling connections on the switcher, then maybe it is going bad.

I think what you need to do is remove the panel on top of the dash as I described. Look in there with a good light and off to the left you should see the switcher. You should be able to identify three camera ports and there should be a cable on each one. Make sure the cables are plugged in tight, and wiggle the wire just above the connector. See if anything happens on the large monitor when you do this.

Good Luck! I had to replace my rear camera and run a new cable to the front of the coach. I spent several days trying to find the switcher so the rear camera would display on the large monitor. I removed both monitors trying to find that thing and learn how it all connects.
Audriver,

From what I remember of the few times the video worked; the large screen
displayed the radio information and when the turn signal was used the screen changed to the camera display. Only the small monitor has the blue screen.

I'm going to try to remove the top dash panel this weekend to see if I can locate the switch you mentioned and check the connections. It seems to me that is what the tech did and why I think the problem is a loose wire.

Thanks for your tips and I'll post after I have a chance to check it out.

Fred
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I installed the new switch just because I bought it. There is no issue with my used one so if you ever need it let me know I'll sell it VERY cheap.lol..Also if you need the part numbers let me know I have them.
This is where I get my parts from they are very helpful and can get you whatever you need. How to Order Parts | WinnebagoParts.comWinnebagoParts.com
Thanks! I may see if my Grandson can reach up in there. I Need a warm day here to go play with the coach a bit, then I'll have some more data.

I think the guy I talked to was the radio vendor for Winnebago - Pace, or something like that.

Tags
dash, removal