Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

CRT TV Replacement on Sightseer 29R

The CRT TV went out on our 2005 Sightseer. DW and I were fishing as Sekiu, WA, and while watching TV, it went “POP” and the picture was gone. When we headed south last winter we noticed that our TV had a green tint to the screen so I guess it was in the process of failing.

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 I completed the installation of a new 32” Samsung LED TV. Because most LCD/LED TV’s have poor sound quality I decided to add a sound bar.

Here are pictures of the LED TV install:

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd417/JamesDAllen/Sightseer%2029R%20TV%20Replacement/

Safe Travels.
JD & Kathy
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

32" lcd install

Nice looking job on the install. If you would have used the wires from the original TV install (The ones with the RCA jacks) and connected them to your new TV, they would have worked with your original coach stereo system.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Our installation was quite similar to yours.
I devised a travel hold down scheme that does a good job of keeping mine in place. A friend used velcro but that didn't work for him so I came up with a different way. The travel bars can be left in place until we are ready to stop for a while and want access to the storage.

You may already have that taken care of, but if not you can see what I did HERE.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Very nice job! I replaced our TV about a year and a half ago with a 32" Samsung LCD and it works great. I fashioned a big velcro strap around the lower part of the TV that holds it tight to the cabinet for travel. So far it's done a great job but I do like the little shelf you built for the TV to rest on. I'm starting to see a tiny bit of sag in ours on the side opposite the arm mount so I may have to think about something similar.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies.

We will see if I have to devise some type of clamping system for travel. I drove our RV to our local RV Dealer yesterday for service and the TV traveled fine but I know there are a lot of rough roads out there.

I would have used RCA jacks if they were connected to our old TV. The only connections to our old TV was the antenna and power chords. Our radio/speaker system is not connected to the TV. I could have spliced into the speaker wires but the sound bar is working great and provides better sound than our radio speakers would have.

Safe Travels.

JD & Kathy
Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
TAN
Winnebago Owner

What a great job. We have the same motorhome so I may have to do that to. Love the pictures.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Tan

Feel free to copy as much as you like. I can't say that this was all my idea as I copied several others who have done something similar to this.

Setting the TV in a channel is my idea and we will see how well it works when we get back on the road this fall. Only one short trip to and from our RV dealer for service and it worked fine but I know there are a lot rougher roads out there.

Safe Travels.

JD
Old 09-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Nice install JD! I put a 37" LG in mine. I had to mount over the doors on each side.Too big to do what you did but I'm impressed with your outcome.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Great idea with the groove to support the TV. Did this provide enough support? Does it stay in over bumps. Did you just leave the metal support for a support for the wood cabinet?

Thanks for sharing.

Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, sightseer