Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cornerstone Warranty

Hi.

Just bought a Tour '15 42QD. Dealer "recommends" Cornerstone for the warranty, but I have read all kinds of refusals to cover items within that warranty from various companies, including Good Sams and others. Are there any GOOD experiences out there when dealing with the company when claiming on your policy ??
Tyreabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreabusa View Post
Hi.

Just bought a Tour '15 42QD. Dealer "recommends" Cornerstone for the warranty, but I have read all kinds of refusals to cover items within that warranty from various companies, including Good Sams and others. Are there any GOOD experiences out there when dealing with the company when claiming on your policy ??
Stay away from Cornerstone Warranty....they are not a good company to get warranty authorizations from. I rather pay out of my own pocket than to be covered by them....5k for 3 year extended warranty and a lot of the warranty work required was not covered. For that 5k we spent for the extended warranty.....I could have paid for al lot of the non warranty work I had to have done.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

My preference and arguments for self insurance is well documented in earlier related posts. Having said that, I do not always get the final word when laying in a course with my navigator.

We have had negative experience with both Cornerstone and Good Sam. We are presently self insured. Of the two, extricating from Good Sam's contract is immeasurably easier.

Many of us derive a great deal of self satisfaction, confidence and comfort from doing as much of the maintenance on our rigs (and stick n bricks) as possible. Proving accomplishment of that self maintenance to the satisfaction of the insurers goes way beyond saving receipts.

If you feel an extended warranty has value to you, get one. You have taken the first step at choosing wisely. But don't let the dealer crowd you. Dealers and realtors are cut from the same cloth. At the end of the day, they have self interest and that may or may not meet the interest of the buyer OR the seller.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In my original post regarding cornerstone.....We bought the coach from a dealer, during the signing of documents, the business manager who processes the paperwork tries to sell you on a multitude of warranty. Of those they included a finish protection warranty......a hazard tire warranty.......Tyron tire bands for steer tire blowouts........all of these packages add to the cost of a coach and this guys is getting a percentage on what he can get you to buy. We made it a point to be adamant in refusing any add on stuff and would do our own shopping on our later coaches.

Also I read somewhere that Cornerstone is a foreign company....not sure..........
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago partners with Coach-Net to offer a Service Plan that also includes Coach-Net's Roadside Assistance. You can contact Winnebago CS for a quote.

You can also contact Coach-Net directly for a quote.

I've never purchased one on our past rigs but the slides and all the all the high tech stuff had me worried. I hope I never have to use it but it does let me sleep a little better.

I surely understand the folks that do with these plans.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
Site Team

I would say when closing on a new or used MotorHome that one should refuse ALL items offered by the dealer’s “finance guy/gal.” Everything offered is either worthless, sub-par, over priced or out right fraudulent.

Your mileage may vary.