Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

The full wall slides seem to work well for Newmar and Winnebago.

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino
The full wall slides seem to work well for Newmar and Winnebago.

Steve
Have you ever tried to get to the utilities with the slide out?
You need to be an Olympian.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
We just purchased our first RV. We feel like we did exhaustive research. We decided on an Entegra Anthem but spent significant time researching the Tour vs the Entegra Aspire. You can call Heather at Entegra and she can email a comparison list of the Aspire vs the Tour. IMO the differences we huge in favor of the Aspire not to mention the price difference and the quality. A few of the advantages of the Aspire that I recall are:

Spartan chasis w/ X bracing
The 2 year warranty on Entegra products vs Tour 1 yr warranty
2800 sine wave inverter vs. Tours 2k
Aspire has multiplex wiring, Tour does not
222 cubic ft of storage vs. 207 for Tour
bedroom has 5.1 surround sound Tour does not
GPS standard on Aspire- option on Tour
Aspire has 2 stage jake break Tour has 1 stage
Front/End caps are insulated on Aspire
hydraulic jacks vs spring loaded on tour

Not to mention the people at Entegra were simply impossible to beat for support. Hope this helps.
Riscky:

Not knocking Aspire, but some of the comparisons above are not correct.
We've got an 2011 Itasca 42QD, essentially same as the Winnie Tour (pretty much like Chevy or GMC). It's got 2800 inverter, hyd jacks (with spring assist to retract) 2 stage jake brake, and I happen to be partial to Freightliner chassis so that's a plus for me as well Bottom line for anybody comparing, plase compare your own and verify facts, dealers may or may not be comparing red apples to red apples or similar model years.

Got it in July 11 at the Rally in Redmond Oregon, 9K miles and 2 months living in on various trips. A few issues noted in previous posts, but it's wearing well. We like it and we'd do it again.

Todd
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Have you ever tried to get to the utilities with the slide out?
You need to be an Olympian.
Side hinge bay and utility doors are a lot easier to get to things with slides out than top hinge we had on our Tropical. With that I used to insist on hooking up before wife put slides out, with Ellipse, it's no big deal, but each to their own!

The only real issue we have with the full wall slide is it's tight getting back thru the bedroom to the rear bath. But that's where the mid-bath comes in handy!

Todd
Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

I spent an hour today checking out an ellipse 42QD. I really like this floor plan. Quality looked pretty good also. To those that have a tour/ellipse, how hard is it to change fuel filters?
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Fuel Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
I spent an hour today checking out an ellipse 42QD. I really like this floor plan. Quality looked pretty good also. To those that have a tour/ellipse, how hard is it to change fuel filters?
Sorry for delay in responding, was crawling around down/back there today (looking for location to mount an automatic fire extinguisher). Fuel filter is easy to get to and see, it's on passenger side, down low, about mid-engine, easy to access. Haven't touched it myself, had Frieghtliner deal with it when they serviced the rig.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddb

Side hinge bay and utility doors are a lot easier to get to things with slides out than top hinge we had on our Tropical. With that I used to insist on hooking up before wife put slides out, with Ellipse, it's no big deal, but each to their own!

The only real issue we have with the full wall slide is it's tight getting back thru the bedroom to the rear bath. But that's where the mid-bath comes in handy!

Todd
The only thing to watch out for with side hinged doors is to make sure the basement doors are closed before opening the slides. On my Tour there are two doors that will get jammed and bent if you open the slide with the basement door open. I made a warning label to put beside the forward slide switch to remind me to check.
Tpflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Todd,

I ended up purchasing an Anthem, although we did look at the Tour and the Aspire. The salesman of the Tour was VERY high on it (but as mentioned earlier-2 weeks later he was no longer there) so I assumed he knew what he was talking about when describing the Tour. Sounds like he was wrong and I expected he'd overestimate it vs. underestimating it. In the long run, you're correct, do you homework. IMO the Aspire still has more in the "plus" category vs the Tour, but we all have our differences in opinion. Glad you're enjoying your coach.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

LOL now the 2013 models are out by some manufactures.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Todd,

I ended up purchasing an Anthem, although we did look at the Tour and the Aspire. The salesman of the Tour was VERY high on it (but as mentioned earlier-2 weeks later he was no longer there) so I assumed he knew what he was talking about when describing the Tour. Sounds like he was wrong and I expected he'd overestimate it vs. underestimating it. In the long run, you're correct, do you homework. IMO the Aspire still has more in the "plus" category vs the Tour, but we all have our differences in opinion. Glad you're enjoying your coach.
Ditto. For this kind of $ everybody should be happy with what they buy and get what fits their needs