Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cleaning Radiator Journey 39' CAT 350

Hi guys, I just learned today that I should be cleaning my Radiators, never even thought about this even on my cars.

I have read that there are multiple radiators and that there is a CAC that needs to be cleaned.

By any chance does anyone know how to access these things? I have looked for YouTube videos but couldnt find any that showed cleaning them while they were still in the unit.

Thanks for any info!

Kevin
'05 Journey 39' CAT 350
kevinvanpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That model looks almost exactly like my '02 Journey. You can access the radiator somewhat from under the rear wardrobe, from under the rig, and from the back. Soak the rad as well as you can with hot water if possible. Then most people use Simple Green - Purple (safe for rads and engines) in a pump up pressure sprayer and squirt it everywhere they can reach. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Then rinse. Check out how dirty the rinse water is. If it's not clear, wait a couple hours and repeat the process. Keep doing it until it rinses clean.

From then on, you usually only need to do it once per year. That's assuming your slobber tube is routed back behind the rad. Check out the RV section of my blog, there's lots of similarities between our RVs and you might get something out of it...RV Repair Section '02 Journey Cat 3126

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

In addition to Jim's blog, cast a weather eye on this thread,

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...-350135-2.html

More good info.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, journey, radiator