Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

check engine light

I have a 2016 Tour, the yellow check engine light came on. Frieghtliner said it is t=an active code for injector 1 . It is not derated and the engine runs fine, What is the danger of continuing to drive the RV.
jvcardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

What was the code???
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Not sure, all the frieghtliner shop told me was it was an active code associated with injector 1 and that it ran fine and had not gone into a derate. Any idea what will happen if I continue to drive it, I wanted to leave NC and go to Destin Fl (about 1,000 miles) and have a mechanic look at it there if no problems along the way.
jvcardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcardyn View Post
Not sure, all the frieghtliner shop told me was it was an active code associated with injector 1 and that it ran fine and had not gone into a derate. Any idea what will happen if I continue to drive it, I wanted to leave NC and go to Destin Fl (about 1,000 miles) and have a mechanic look at it there if no problems along the way.
An injector not porting fuel is usually not a big problem. Cylinder imbalance can cause some harmonic damage though.
An injector stuck open, or not closing off completely can be a huge problem. That can cause abnormal wear from "cylinder wall washdown" to holes burnt into the piston face. Fuel dilution of the oil can be problematic.

With the HEUI injectors used in the CAT engines, I can't really give you a way to test either way, but I bet the chassis repair center could.

ETA - oops, I don't know why I just assumed it was a CAT.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, light