Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #81
Winnebago Master

That's what's keeps weeds from growing under the coach

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #82
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
That's what's keeps weeds from growing under the coach
Hey Jeff. Don't you mean mushrooms?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #83
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone removed the TV above the fireplace? I want to access the hdmi and usb connector on the back? Thanks.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #84
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Has anyone removed the TV above the fireplace? I want to access the hdmi and usb connector on the back? Thanks.
They did make it a bit tight to access easily.

Remove the 8 screws from the top mounting bracket. So as not to loose the screws use some method to catch or keep them.

The lower bracket is a drop-in type. There should be enough room to tilt the TV enough to gain access to the side connectors. If you need to get to the back the unit should lift off with a second pair of hands for safety sake.

I have connected a cat 5 and a hdmi the hard way. But I did it.

Rick Y
Old 02-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #85
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Rick,
I didn't know it had an Ethernet connection?? I have the Samsung LN40E550. Do you have the same one?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #86
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks Rick,
I didn't know it had an Ethernet connection?? I have the Samsung LN40E550. Do you have the same one?
It is the 550 series but, at the moment, I don't have the model #. Check on page 23 of your Samsung book. I feel a bit foolish giving you this advise because I don't recall getting to the back of the tv with the cat 5. But I do recall having the cable draped from the cabinet over the steering wheel, where I keep the modem when I use it, to the tv. Tough getting old. It ain't for wimps.

Keep us posted. Did you try to do the software update yet? I didn't succeed.

Rick Y
Old 03-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #87
Winnie-Wise

Rick,
You are so funny. I know all those feelings. Good to know we are all going through this old age stuff.
I received an email from another person that goofed up his TV trying to do the upgrade. He was hoping he could reload the original version. I hope he can find it.
Thanks for the post. I'll keep you posted. I need to order the Apple TV first.
>> Dennis
Old 03-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #88
Winnebago Owner

Threw away the Kingdome spinner and replaced with a most excellent RF Mogul.

That's it. Everything else is as came from factory on 2012 Tour. (I know it;s Meridian).

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #89
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Rick,
You are so funny. I know all those feelings. Good to know we are all going through this old age stuff.
I received an email from another person that goofed up his TV trying to do the upgrade. He was hoping he could reload the original version. I hope he can find it.
Thanks for the post. I'll keep you posted. I need to order the Apple TV first.
>> Dennis
Now to make you chuckle even more. Last night I remembered how I used the cat 5. I was at my sons. He provided us with a fast internet connection and Netflix. I ran the cable to my laptop , not the tv, and connected the HDMI to it from the tv. Works great. Getting the HDMI into the side port on the tv is a real challenge but I did it.

It might be a good idea to get one of those Samsung WiFi adapters they talk about in the manual. Just what will work is another story.

I am not a fan of Apple. I got sooooo lost when I had their laptop. I donated it to a camp.

Hope your friend can get the update corrected.

Rick Y
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #90
Winnebago Owner

36M sink area modification

Our countertop in the 36M (2013) is corian with a double bowl sink, a centered single-lever faucet, and at the right bowl ... a rather high filtered water faucet, and at the left bowl a soap dispenser.

Bottom line - Our natural usage of the sink area dictated that the filtered water spout is often in the way of reaching the counter space behind the sink. So, while snow birding this winter I decided to swap the soap dispenser with the filtered water faucet. A trip to the local hardware for a 1" hole saw and about 30 minutes of work and shazam.... a much more user-friendly arrangement.

Apologies for the poor quality pic.

cheers,
Joopy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5135.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	90772  
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #91
Winnebago Owner

Just added a leather steering wrap (wheel skins.com) and lined our closet with cedar using Velcro tape - smells great and is removable without any damage to the closet walls.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #92
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Our countertop in the 36M (2013) is corian with a double bowl sink, a centered single-lever faucet, and at the right bowl ... a rather high filtered water faucet, and at the left bowl a soap dispenser.

Bottom line - Our natural usage of the sink area dictated that the filtered water spout is often in the way of reaching the counter space behind the sink. So, while snow birding this winter I decided to swap the soap dispenser with the filtered water faucet. A trip to the local hardware for a 1" hole saw and about 30 minutes of work and shazam.... a much more user-friendly arrangement.

Apologies for the poor quality pic.

cheers,
Joopy
Nice change. Picture is fine. Now consider this: KRAUS KPF-2230-KSD-30SN Single Lever Pull Out Kitchen Faucet and Soap Dispenser Satin Nickel - Touch On Kitchen Sink Faucets - Amazon.com

Put this on our sink and love it. Just need to make certain the head hose to faucet is snugged well.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	90885  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #93
Winnebago Owner

Hi Rick,

Nice faucet upgrade! Similar to the unit in our sticks and bricks kitchen. I may just swap out cause I'm not that fond of the stock unit spray head. Too fine a spray and can't do anything to adjust it.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #94
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Hi Rick,

Nice faucet upgrade! Similar to the unit in our sticks and bricks kitchen. I may just swap out cause I'm not that fond of the stock unit spray head. Too fine a spray and can't do anything to adjust it.

cheers,
Joopy
Hi Joopy,

I think you will like it. When mounted as I have it the hot and cold lines need to be reversed. There are two great advantages to this faucet. First, with the handle as I have it most of the water behind the faucet from your hand is eliminated. Second, because of the high rise, getting tall items into the sink is much easier now. The sprayer is easy to use and with a little care the splatter around the sink is not too bad.

Post your results if you go for it. Also, watch the price. I thought I saw a sale on it a while back.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 04-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #95
Winnebago Owner

Rick; Just saw a pic of a Foretravel where they made the cabinet to the left of the microwave a pull out drawer with adj. shelves. This would go a long way in solving the issue of the DEEP cupboards we have over our sinks. When I do up the free standing table for our unit I'm going to price out having this made. Look on rvtrader.com at the 2015 Foretravel unit that has a living room set up like ours and see the pi I'm talking about, IMO it'll be a GREAT upgrade.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #96
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Rick; Just saw a pic of a Foretravel where they made the cabinet to the left of the microwave a pull out drawer with adj. shelves. This would go a long way in solving the issue of the DEEP cupboards we have over our sinks. When I do up the free standing table for our unit I'm going to price out having this made. Look on rvtrader.com at the 2015 Foretravel unit that has a living room set up like ours and see the pi I'm talking about, IMO it'll be a GREAT upgrade.
My internet is, at times, as slow as dial-up. I tried to find the unit but it is just way to slow. I would be grateful if you would post the link.

How has the integrity of your cabinets been? I had the one over the couch drop down. I found out from Winnebago that it is hung from the 1/16" aluminum ceiling skin ONLY! I put a strip of aluminum bar on the roof and ran the cabinet screws through it then cut them flush and sealed everything up. Not perfect but better and not falling down.

About the Foretravel? Are you thinking of upgrading? Way out of my humble reach.

Rick Y
Old 04-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #97
Winnebago Owner

Rick no way I can upgrade to a unit like that short of robbing a bank. I've tried but don't seem to know how to post a link here. SO here's a pic
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #98
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Rick no way I can upgrade to a unit like that short of robbing a bank. I've tried but don't seem to know how to post a link here. SO here's a pic
I think it is a bigger cabinet. DW is happy with ours though I like the idea. Look forward to seeing your upgrade.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #99
Winnebago Master

New Tires

New Shoes for the Journey today. 6 Michelin 255/80R22.5 tires date code 3414.

I ordered the tires last October, expecting a long wait for them. They showed up about 2 weeks later at my tire dealer. At the time, they were fresh from the factory.

At the end of the camping season I took the coach to my shop for its annual service. It didn't get out until mid- November, so I took it strait home to tuck it into the barn for the winter.

The new tires spent the winter un-mounted in the heated showroom of my Michelin dealer. Nice winter for the tires. No load on them. Now they are on the coach. Rides great.

FMCA Advantage program. They weren't cheap but the best price I could find.

P.S. I understand from my Michelin dealer that these tires are on back-order (again).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #100
Winnebago Master

Heads up

A change you might consider is your tires. I just found out today that my front tires are too light for my coach weight and the rear are marginal. Well, there is more to this story...

When in Gaffeny, SC at Freightliner (shortly after we bought the coach) I had it weighed, along with other maintenance. I am on another thread about tires and those folks got me thinking. If you have your weights handy take a look at this Michelin chart: Michelin RV Tires | View Michelin RV Tires load and inflation tables for motorhomes and recreational vehicles. | Michelin RV Tires

At the moment I think I am going with the XZA2 Energy for the front, and we are going to find ways to lighten the load! Even when all things are correct the XZE2's on the front seem a bit light.

What is your take on this?

I still haven't gotten around to making the storage space under the washer functional. That will come one of these days.

Happy trails.

Rick Y

Tags
journey