Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
JimGeorgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 47
Bye, Bye Brave?

I have not seen the official announcement, however it is interesting that when you go to the Winnebago web site and click on "Class A Gas Models", the Brave is no longer listed.

Looks like we just may own either a lemon or a collectable.

Anybody seen any official announcement from Winnebago or is this just a soft landing?

BTW, we love our Brave and have had few issues in the last 2 years.
__________________
Jim & Sandra Tudor & Dixie (American Bulldog)
Newborn, Georgia - Georgia Winnie Rebels WIT Club
2015 Winnebago Brave 26A - 5 Star Tuning - TruCenter
https://www.facebook.com/groups/735629463187747/
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGeorgia View Post
I have not seen the official announcement, however it is interesting that when you go to the Winnebago web site and click on "Class A Gas Models", the Brave is no longer listed.

Looks like we just may own either a lemon or a collectable.

Anybody seen any official announcement from Winnebago or is this just a soft landing?

BTW, we love our Brave and have had few issues in the last 2 years.
It's been discontinued according to our regional rep.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
We bought a new Brave 27B off the lot 2015 model back in November. We looked at lots of units for about 4 years before making the choice and were ready to buy. The Brave has been hard to beat for usability, great outside storage, and tank capacities. Perfect for a couple for anything but full-time.

I was just on their website yesterday and noticed it was gone.

I'm just hoping some standard-width (96") units come back around by the time we replace this one...it's mighty wide on the NC mountain back roads where we like to go. 102 is nice, but geez...
k715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Hope it's not true...

I'm getting ready to buy my first MH and the only one my wife likes (so far) is the Brave. I hate to think it's been discontinued already!

I sent a note to winnebago sales to ask the question...
Iron Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Giant View Post
I'm getting ready to buy my first MH and the only one my wife likes (so far) is the Brave. I hate to think it's been discontinued already!

I sent a note to winnebago sales to ask the question...
The Brave was the only Winnebago to excite my wife. She drooled for months until the came out. We test drove one and she couldn't get the frown off her face. She was so disappointed. So, you might be lucky it went the way of the dodo bird.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
lonfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kingman Az
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by k715 View Post
We bought a new Brave 27B off the lot 2015 model back in November. We looked at lots of units for about 4 years before making the choice and were ready to buy. The Brave has been hard to beat for usability, great outside storage, and tank capacities. Perfect for a couple for anything but full-time.

I was just on their website yesterday and noticed it was gone.

I'm just hoping some standard-width (96") units come back around by the time we replace this one...it's mighty wide on the NC mountain back roads where we like to go. 102 is nice, but geez...

Wife, daughter and I lived in a 26wu for 7 years. I think they are great moho's. The reason I choose the Winnie product line was A. Always can get parts, B. Wife and I both felt the bathrooms were built so that you could "full time" rather than just "vacation" in. Nice thing about the smaller class a is that you can take them anywhere and they are very easy to tow with. With the lighter Class A's I feel that the chassis and running components last longer with out weekly trips to the repair barn. I have 130k on mine now.

In 98 when I bought/picked mine up in Forest City the only diff between the Itasca's and Winnies were the colors. Everything else was optional and had to be ordered by the dealer. Oh, sure it had a water heater, but if you wanted an DI unit the dealer had to order it. Even the spare tire!!!!!

I ordered mine with out an inverter, but it included the wiring harness for it so I could put my own cheaper unit in. I ordered mine with out any stickers so I could paint it myself. Even the cabinet doors have options!!!! That was the cool thing about Winnie, I could order exactly what I wanted and add stuff later! Only the dealers can make these orders that I know of.

Winnie dealers have to custom order every single coach, the factory does not just make a bunch up and send ship them out to be sold. The dealer has to guess at what they think the customer wants. Strange system, but it keeps Winnie from having huge amounts of unused materials and have enabled them to stay in business for many years. They have always been on the cutting edge of RV manufacturing.
__________________
May your black water hose never break!
lonfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher
 
sttom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Brave

My wife and I had a '96 Winnie Brave, 24ft class A. We really loved this MH. I now have a Thor Palazzo DP but I have fond memories of our little Winnie Brave. Sad to hear it's being discontinued.
__________________
Ted&Michelle, Matthew, Zachary
Bailey (Mini Aussie), Kishki (Border Collie)
2015 Palazzo 33.2
sttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
The Randall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
The Brave was the only Winnebago to excite my wife. She drooled for months until the came out. We test drove one and she couldn't get the frown off her face. She was so disappointed. So, you might be lucky it went the way of the dodo bird.
We have a 27B and it's been great. I'm really surprised they discontinued the model. There still isn't anything on the market we'd rather be in. Perhaps the margin wasn't good enough to keep it around compared to the Vista?
The Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper
 
bill06447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
We have a 91 Warrior 23EC (renamed Brave for 92) it's plenty roomy for 2 or 3 and my 6-4 frame fits comfortably on the bed, as well as not bumping into the AC unit. Seems like the perfect combination of size and features. It'll be sad to see the model go.........
__________________
Bill
1991 Winnebago Warrior 23EC Class A
bill06447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper
 
CJ7365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 24
Only had it for a 1yr and half but had fun in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150814_083251.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	145020  
__________________
2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB
W22 Workhorse Chassis 8.1 Flat Towing a 82 Jeep CJ7
CJ7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Plaskett Creek USFS Campground CA Hwy 1
Posts: 30
Sad to see that model name retired.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
I was just thinking about this rv stopped by the winne site and it wasn't listed. Did a search and found this thread. Does anyone know what happened. It appear to be a hot item with some neat ideas.
__________________
2015 Canyon Star 3424
Vanslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4
Our dealer told us that Winnebago has discontinued the product.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brave


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brave black water flush valve lenOrge Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 8 08-07-2006 04:19 PM
2003 Brave manual slide winching lenOrge Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 8 02-22-2006 02:11 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.