Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Burping Gasoline When Full

Howdy,

If I could reclaim all the gas that has burped out when filling the tank, I swear I’d have about an eighth of a tank.
  • I’ve tried listening for it and shutting it down when I hear it coming up the fill tube. Always too late and it burps out anyways if it's already on its way up the tube.
  • Tried pumping the last few gallons slow since it's pretty easy to tell about how much it should take, but to no avail.
What seems to be almost a half pint burps out onto the ground every time I fill up. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the lucky one again?

Thanks,
BT
Old 02-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
Wandering Winnie

I have a 2016 vista that does the same thing. I have heard some people say that's it the breather tube, maybe it has a kink in it, or its crushed somewhere. I have not had the gumption to crawl under it yet. So in the meantime I go full blast at the pump for a while then slow it down as far as it goes. Before starting to fill it I take some paper towels and wad them up to catch the over flow before it runs down the side of my rig, and hopefully force some of it back into the tank.
kc8kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Breather hose looks fine, I'm perplexed. May try to see if it's plugged someday when it's a bit warmer out... Oh well..

Tags
gas