Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hi and Good Evening...Is there a way to tell if your black water flush is working. I can't hear any water running in or out, and my moniters don't work that well either. Thanks. lenOrge

2003 Brave 34D
2001 Tracker
lenOrge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi and Good Evening...Is there a way to tell if your black water flush is working. I can't hear any water running in or out, and my moniters don't work that well either. Thanks. lenOrge

2003 Brave 34D
2001 Tracker
Old 07-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

One of those clear plastic adaptors that goes on bertween the valve and dump hose will let you see what's happening.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Len - I can hear the water sparying on the tank walls when I use mine. I also have the clear adaptor so I can see the water coming down the sewer line.

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Sorry...I should have said black tank,fresh water flush "valve". lenOrge

2003 Brave 34D
2001 Tracker
Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Same solution. The plastic 3" "VIEWING" section so you can see what's coming out of the tank. You will see water and other "STUFF" coming through the plastic section if you're getting clear water in there for the rinse cycle.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The installation of the clear plastic fitting on the holding tank discharge was a real eye opener for me. You will not believe what comes out of the black tank. The water flush will wash the tank sides and loosen built up particles. You will know it is working when the color of the water turns to clear. Try adding the calgon water softner and a cup of laundry detergent and drive the vehicle on your next trip. When you flush after draining keep it going for a good while and you might find your sensors are working better. The detergent will break down any coatings that build up on the interior sensors. Worth a try, no real expense.

2004 Winnebago Brave, 32, P-32
2001 S-10 Blazer
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Hello lenOrge,

One of the first item on the dealer got to fix list after taking delivery of our '03 34D was the blackwater flush did not work. When I hooked the water hose to the connector I could hear no water going into the tank and all that happened was a pressure build up in the water hose. The dealer found that Winnie had installed the checkvalve backwards. Therefore, the water could not flow from the hose through the connector into the tank. They reversed the checkvalve and it has worked great since July '03. Has your's ever worked? If so I don't think you have the same problem. However, you may want to check as the valve has an arrow indicating direction of flow. One would think it should not have been installed wrong, but I guess Winnie is not exempt from Murphy's law.

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I had / have the same problem. I just learned today that the check valve was installed backwards. The dealer replaced the connection for the tank cleanout, did not test it, and it continued to leak whenI tryed to flush. HOW DOES ONE GET TO THE CHECK VALVE?? I WANT TO AVOID ANOTHER TRIP TO THE DEALER.

Thanks, ccj1
ccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote