Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #81
Winnebago Master

Nice!
Old 01-31-2019, 06:18 PM   #82
Winnebago Owner

Moving right along...

Hey everybody, we're gonna transition these great discussions to a dedicated thread for the Intent. Pick up the discussion over here and let's keep rolling!

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ml#post3833323
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 PM   #83
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Thanks so much for the PICS they actually are worth a thousand words. I did see a grab bar mounted wall side by door which would allow hold while exiting coach..was really hoping to mount something to help people coming in more than going out but will check this out.

I like many of your ideas and I have ordered the stick on lights also--not interested in having to wire anything. the LEDs will last forever on little battery power.

thanks again and see you all on the new thread created by bhub.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:27 PM   #84
Winnebago Master

I mounted a grab bar horizontally on the end of the kitchen cabinet of my 27Q. That end panel is very thin, so I fastened a piece of 1/2" plywood behind that panel to provide a sturdy mounting surface. The end of my cabinet doesn't have that single switch in the upper right corner, so I was able to mount the grab bar (18" long) just below the countertop overhang. Works like a charm! I also moved the fire extinguisher to that side to free up space on the other side of the door for a shoe holder.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #85
Winnebago Owner

I've been using the factory installed grab bar to exit, but hadn't thought about a 'pull' bar for guests to enter...I bet that would be handy for some. Gonna have to put that on the 'think about' list.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #86
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
I've been using the factory installed grab bar to exit, but hadn't thought about a 'pull' bar for guests to enter...I bet that would be handy for some. Gonna have to put that on the 'think about' list.

Yep. My wife is not quite as mobile as she once was and that extra grab bar helps. I put two more on the front of the lower kitchen cabinet so she can steady herself better while we're underway.

Tags
class a, driver, intent