Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Back Up Camera replacement?

Whats the best replacement camera, have a 2007 Journey 39K
Thanks
Chammock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have the same question about my 2007 34h ...I bought it with the rear camera disabled and need a new one ...Any help?
buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That's a very subjective question.

When I replaced the Voyager B&W system in my Voyage, I elected to go with a color Voyager system for ease of installation. The new display fit exactly into the dash and the new cameras used the original wiring.

Expensive but worth it.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chammock View Post
Whats the best replacement camera, have a 2007 Journey 39K
Thanks
PennBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you want to get some good advice go to RV Cams. I got a replacement for my old b/w voyager unit a few years ago. It was completely plug and play except I had to do some minor cutting on the dash that was covered up by the new ring around the new monitor. Even though it's a color monitor, the cams are still b/w so that's still a b/w image. One other thing....even though the unit works fine, it's lcd- so you have to be directly in front to really see everything clearly. Mine is mid-dash so even though I get a good picture, it's not as well defined as my old crt unit was, just fyi.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Replacement camera system

I would recommend going wireless. Amazon has several systems available. I replaced my old setup with one from Tadibrothers, but Amazon has a wireless system with the same features for at a much lower cost. Installation is very easy. Just connect to a power source, pair the camera and monitor, if necessary, and you are good to go.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just realized my post was about monitor replacement and not camera replacement...although I'd like clarification from the op about what he actually needs. Once again, sorry for the confusion.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have an in factory dash monitor in our 22R and hate it, totally useless in most driving conditions. Can't clearly see the image from the driver's seat. I have a Rear View Safety camera/monitor in our 5th/RAM 3500 setup and love it. One difference is that I mounted the monitor over the rear view mirror. Exactly where you normally look for a rear view in most cars/light trucks. Also its angled to face the driver like a regular mirror. I ALWAYS check with my side mirrors as well.

I'm planning to replace the factory unit in the MH with another similar RVS setup with a 7" color screen.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
Site Team

I replaced the Voyager monitor and rear camera with color units through RVCAMS.com as referenced above. Tim there was extremely helpful in what camera to get and when I got the delivery all the adapter cables were already installed so it was a basic plug and play setup. I highly recommend a call to them.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #9
CoveredWagon

I replaced my old Voyager B&W system in December. After much research I settled on one from Amazon. I paid only $99 with free 2 day shipping.So far I have been impressed with the quality.

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The only issues are (1) the Voyager wiring is different and (2) the mount for the monitor is different.
A simple cut and splice on the wires allowed me to use the original wiring. I took a piece of 1/4" plywood, wrapped it with 1/2" foam scrim (padding) and upholstery vinyl. I mounted this panel to cover the original Voyager mounting holes and then mounted the new monitor onto it. The appearance is smooth, and the video quality is great! Much better than my 15 year old Voyager!

I see that some people recommend the wireless systems. I installed an additional camera and monitor which is aimed at my toad. I tried wireless, but there was too much interference. Or maybe the distance was too far. In any case, I replaced that one with a hard-wired system and have been happy with that too.
CoveredWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #10
2006 Itasca Meridian 39K

Camera replacement

The posts I read so far talk about a backup system, but I haven't seen any thing about the side cameras? I have a 2006 Meridian 39K and 1 of my side cameras has issues. Any one replace all 3 and if so any information would be appreciate.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Chammock, I too have a 2007 39K with a 'no signal' on the monitor when in Reverse or selected at the monitor. Did you do a repair or find a good replacement?
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Found it! Loose connection behind the in dash monitor. Quick fix. Easy peasy. Yay!
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I was wrong. It seems to be finicky. The rear camera only works after I take off the dash and reseat the connector. Next time I want to use it it's 'no signal' again.

PennBruce,
I noticed up thread that you replaced you Voyager B&W system with a color one that wired right in just fine.
Any chance you can share more info on where you got it?
Appreciate.

Tags
replacement, replace, ace, camera