Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
RKL
Winnebago Owner

anyone repair leaking electric winterizing valve on a Journey

On my 2002 Journey 36GD, I had to bypass the electric winterizing valve while traveling due to it leaking...I bypassed it with extra water line I had with me and some couplers. I read somewhere that it can be repaired if it leaked due to the star washer puncturing a seal or something...Has anyone repaired one and how did you do it....Thanks RKL
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I replaced mine with a 3 way manual valve. Cheaper than a new electric valve.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

RKL
I have not that leak yet, but would like to know where to find the winterizing valve, and the bypass valve. I'm the relatively new owner of a 2003 Journey 36 GD like yours, and am not sure the bypass valve is working. Anti-freeze went into the water heater when I winterized last fall, when I switched to bypass.

I hope you get helpful replies on your leak problem. ....doug
p00ches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Our rig is a little older than yours so the parts might not be the same. Ours is a Spraying System #AB144-1-3 three way solenoid valve. I found parts from this source:

Farmchem Corporation Information

Order by phone and talk to a real person, otherwise shipping is about the same cost as the rebuild kit (about $15). If he knows that ahead of time, he can just drop in the mail because the kit isn't very large.

Our solenoid valve is located in the water compartment (driver's side) behind a white panel with several screws. When you get the panel off, you will see both the bypass valve and the winterizing valve. Have someone inside operate the switch and then work on the valve that clicks.

Disassembling the solenoid to replace the rubber parts is not difficult, just be sure to make reference marks to insure it goes back together the same way (don't ask me how I know).

Good Luck
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
RKL
Winnebago Owner

anyone repair leaking electric winterizing valve on a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo View Post
I replaced mine with a 3 way manual valve. Cheaper than a new electric valve.
tiggertoo....where did you get the 3 way manual valve from and did it fit the existing plumbing...thanks RKL
Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I believe the company Swan Industries or something went out of business, its much easier to reveamp the bypass valve instead of fixing it. I had it on an 02 Journey it worked sometimes but did not leak. One winter I needed several gallons to winterize the next time it took 3 or 4.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I bought the 3 way valve from Ace Hardware. I had to do some re plumbing with the Pex lines and fittings, which was also available from Ace. I actually like the manual setup better.
Good luck

Tags
journey, repair