Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We are close to the purchase of a new 2008 Tour or Ellipse 40TD (or Horizon/Vectra). Love the floorplan and after comparing the systems, chassis and the rest with many other brands of coaches, we believe this one fits our needs the best.

I would love to hear from anyone who might already have one of these -- have you liked it? Would you buy it again?

Thanks!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are close to the purchase of a new 2008 Tour or Ellipse 40TD (or Horizon/Vectra). Love the floorplan and after comparing the systems, chassis and the rest with many other brands of coaches, we believe this one fits our needs the best.

I would love to hear from anyone who might already have one of these -- have you liked it? Would you buy it again?

Thanks!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

We have ordered and are awaiting our 08 Vectra 40FD to be delivered withing the next two weeks. This will be Winnie #5 for us. We just sold our 04 Vectra 40AD last month. It was really a great coach and the new owners are very happy with it. We just decided we wanted to update at this time. We have loved the Vectra, it was our first DP and one of the reasons we decided to go with another Vectra. We like the floorplan of the AD/FD which is similiar. We did not like the front kitchen for several reasons, but that is just us. It may be someone elses choice. We have always had Winnebagos, but I know the Horizon is a nice coach too. We also have a "spoiled" Golden that goes everywhere with us, since he thinks its his RV! I think we got almost all of the options available except for the dishwasher. I would rather have the drawer. We got the fireplace, which I am very excited about. Friends have one in theirs and they love it. The exterior is Blackberry with the Wakefield interior. I think you would be very happy with the Vectra.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2006 Ellipse/40FD and love it. After 2.5 years and 25,000 miles, the problems we have had are minimal compared to others. I am sure there are other RVer's who have had different experiences but we have really enjoyed ours. I thought some feedback regarding the reliability might be useful.

Dave
Dave and Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave&Cris Neal:
We have a 2006 Ellipse/40FD and love it. After 2.5 years and 25,000 miles, the problems we have had are minimal compared to others. I am sure there are other RVer's who have had different experiences but we have really enjoyed ours. I thought some feedback regarding the reliability might be useful.Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey folks, thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum . Please come back often and share your RV experiences with us.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Rick, We were actually in the hunt for a 08 Tour, but came across an 07 Ellipse.....I presumed built late in the year as it has the one piece windshield and the optional Cummins 8.9L/400hp package, which was standard on the Tour. Anyway, we couldn't pass up the deal Bleakley's offered us. This is our 3rd MH since 7/06. First was a National Dolphin 5355/Workhorse chassis. Traded it last March mainly since we wanted a DP.....got a Monaco Cayman XL. The Monaco was even more of a headache than the Dolphin was. Plus, not too impressed with the dealer in Knoxville area (won't mention names here). Anyway, this is the first coach we have had that performed flawlessly after our first shakedown trip. Everything has worked except the Kingdome satellite. Once we got the rig home, it wouldn't operate/lock on; contacted Kingdome...went through a few diagnostics, and they sent us a new replacement unit....paid for shipping and everything-----very nice and accomodating. Can't really fault the dealer for not picking up on the default since you need a receiver box to operate. As this is our 3rd motorhome, I learned to focus on areas of design, engineering, and workmanship. I am thrilled with the Winnebago product. I have driven an 08 Tour, and honestly think they ride the same; the Maxim chassis basically has a different configuration in the basement.....wasn't an issue for us. WE also have the TD floorplan------love it! Kids love the center flatscreen TV and fireplace. My wife and I really like the privacy of the full bathroom with hallway allowing passing around when in use. Don't know if your rig has basement air, but I wouldn't have anything else. Had it on the Dolphin, but the Ellipse system is almost silent in comparison. If I really wanted to be nitpicky, the only thing I don't understand is why the black-and-white rear view monitor, and why its not adjustable from the inside----the Tour was the same way we looked at. I guess certain items have to be eliminated to achieve as certain pricing point. Lastly, I would really urge you to contact Andy Skinner at Bleakly's before making a final decision. They are sooooo professional....and accomodating.....just do yourself a favor and call him. If you would like to chat via phone, send me an email with a number at [email protected]. Good luck!!
smike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

We took delivery of our 07 Ellipse 40FD last May and haven't been out of it since. We love both the floorplan and the coach. We just spent four months at a very upscale resort loaded with high end coaches and DW and I agree that we would trade with any of them... well, almost.

We've had the same minor problems everyone has with new coaches and we did add &gt;$2K in handling improvements from Henderson's but we're very happy with the coach!

Good Luck

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote