Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Anyone have a 2000 Adventurer 32'?

Give your opinion on satisfaction and feelings about it. Thanks
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

You might generate more responses if you would be more specific about the unit you are considering. Please post more details like the number of slides if it has any, the chassis and engine. I am guessing that you may be considering purchasing a 2000 Adventurer 32' coach.

Our previous coach was a '98 Brave 32' with no slides on a P30 chassis with GM engine. The adventurer was a trim level above the Brave at the time. For the two of us the size was very comfortable, but traveling with our grandson it was getting a bit crowded. We purchased it used and got several very good trouble free years out of her before trading for what we have now.

If the unit you are looking at was properly maintained it should make a good solid unit for you.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We have a 2001 Adventurer 32V. It's identical to the 2000 model. Ours is on the Ford F53 chassis. We've put over 100,000 miles on it with very few problems. The worst thing that happened was a cracked second gear clutch hub in the transmission. Ford replaced the entire transmission under warranty.

Other than that it's been vitrually trouble free. All the appliances and original ammenities still work flawlessly. We did replace the original VCR with a DVD player and had to add an antenna upgrade to get over the air digital TV.

Along the way we've added things like a second hookup for satellite receiver (to get satellite TV in wooded areas), a fresh water pump accumulator (so the pump doesn't run as often), and a few other goodies I can't remember off the top of my head.
It's been an excellent coach and well worth the investment.

Having said that we ordered a 2013 Adventurer 32H about 6 weeks ago. I wish the new coach had the same floor plan as the current one. Hopefully we'll enjoy the new one as much as we have our current one. We're looking forward to another 100,000+ miles of adventure on the road.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2002 Adventure 32V which adds the bedroom slide but otherwise is identical. In the past year we have enjoyed many excursions throughout the west along with several weekends taking the bird dog out hunting.

Ours is bulit on the workhouse chasis and runs excellent. Pulls mountains and hills well and gets OK mileage considering what it is. We have had several items fixed ont the coach, rear air, hydralic jack leaking, but those item are more from the prior owners lack of attentiom.

The coach drives well and has a very low ammount of rattles and squeks.

All in all a great fllorplan for relaxing with a suprising ammount of floor space when the slide is out.

We are very pleased with our purchase and would buy the same coah again.
Springer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

2004 Adventurer 33V on Workhorse here. This will be our third full season owning and traveling with it. The only biggest issue I had was the windshield had some leaks. I removed the rusted areas and we sealed both windshields. Other then that it has just been preventative maintenance on all systems.

No complaints with towing the car either.

Let us know if you have any specific questions.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The 2000 Adventurer 32V has 37,000 miles and a Workhorse 7.4 liter engine. Many updates and maintenance completed last 3 years including new brakes, tires, surge protector, new flooring and more.
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

So the chassis is a Workhorse and the engine is Chevrolet.

I am not familiar what transmission they used in that, I'm sure others will know.

How does it compare to others you have looked at? Cleanliness, milage, records, price?

How about the tires? How old are they? Batteries? Have you taken it on a test drive? Have you driven others to compare?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have an '02 32V Adventurer and have been real happy with it, although it looks pretty dated compared with the new ones with full body paint. I am a fixer upper so I have tackled a lot of upgrades:

· Replaced entire damaged awning unit 2008
·Added See Level II tank gauges 2009
·Koni shocks 2008
·Goodyear G 747 tires (two) 2008
·Goodyear G 670 RV steer tires 2009
·Replaced leaking/stuck rear HWH leveling cylinders 2010
·Front flat screen TV 2009
·Switched out DVD player 2010
·Replaced leaking bedroom slide HWH cylinder and broken bolts 2010
·Replaced chassis battery 2008
·Replaced both house batteries 2010
·Added Trickl-Start between chassis and house batteries 2010
·Replaced the Boost solenoid 2010
·Replaced the shower skylight 2010
·Replaced broken reading light 2010
·Added 2 pole 20 amp jumper to feed juice to house from genset
·Added fans in refrigerator chimney 2009 (didn't help)
·Removed coffeemaker 2009
·Replaced dust-buster 2009
·Waxed roof 2010
·Replaced DVD player with Sony BluRay. 3/17/11
·Installed 32” Sony TV 3/21/11
·Replaced 5 front clearance light brackets 3/30/11
·Replaced cracked passenger windshield. Fixed leak at driver windshield. 4/2/11
·Removed water filter, replaced O-ring in leaking Dishmaster 9/5/11
·Installed dual 12 volt outlet at driver side of dashboard, cleaned contact on other one 9/7/11
·Replaced fogged side windows
·Full brake job and flush brake fluid, repack front bearings 10/26/12
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We had a 2000 37G, sold it in 2010 and bought a 2007 38T, really love both, have been trouble free and many miles of happy travels.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer

We own a 2003 31Y Adventurer and in general are very satisfied. WH Workhorse chassis w/ 8.1 L engine. The only major problem we experienced was with the Bosch brake recall - our first lockup was prior to the recall and we field 2 NHTSA reports before the recall was announced. Initially we had rotors, pads etc replaced at our expense - We we were finally able to get WH to replace the calipers after getting stranded on the highway w/ locked up brakes less than 200 mi after a WH dealer had inspected them prior to starting on a trip. This was prior to the final solution so we had them replaced a second time after the new parts were available. No problems since the last replacement. I'd advise making sure the coach has had the calipers replaced w/ the new design units.
Transmission we have is the Allison and guessing yours would be the same - only service we did was to have the original fluid replaced w/ the synthetic version which is now standard and recommended by Alison.
Otherwise we are very pleased w/ the Winnie design, quality of components etc. The 31 ft model seems plenty of room for 2 traveling on trips of 1-3 months.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Just bought a 2000 Adventurer 32V Workhorse 1 week ago. Our first Motorhome after tenting out of my Ford Expedition for past few years. Interior is very nice with only issue being the Hobbs Meter display on the One Panel doesn't show anything for a Digital Readout. Tires are from 2005 so am in the process of getting some quotes now on the Michelin XRV's with the FMCA Discount and Hancook AH11's. Non discount price on the Michelins are $390/tire mounted, balanced & old tires recycled from a local Tire shop and the Hancooks were quoted at $1740 from a Town Fair Tire franchise mounted, balanced & recycled. The brake pedal seems a little squishy to me but the Tech who did my State Inspection of the chassis said that there was no leakage from the Master Cylinder and the Brake linings all looked ok. Suggested I have the wheel bearings repacked as there was a little freeplay in the steering but nothing to worry about. Making an appointment to have them check that out next week. The Solar Charger glass is cracked but still trickle charges the house batteries fine.

Starting to get ready to de-winterize the tanks & lines so will be checking the sewer hose to see if I need to replace that. There is an RV & Camping show in Providence RI April 12 so will be heading there to see what other toys I can spend money on. The Exterior is what I expected from a 13 year old coach with cracked decals & such. Not an issue for us at this point. Found some great info on YouTube by RV Geeks on hooking up & maintenance issues. Already have some trips planned & reservations made so just waiting for the weather to warm up. Best of luck with yours - Joe
joemcgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Interior is very nice with only issue being the Hobbs Meter display on the One Panel doesn't show anything for a Digital Readout.
Joe

The Hobbs hour meter only shows a display when the generator is running.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Saw that in the manual about only displaying a readout when generator is running but still doesn't display even when gen is on.
joemcgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Joe, You should probably get the brake fluid flushed and changed. Moisture can build up inside the brake fluid and give you a soft squishey pedal.
My last motorhome was an exact duplicate of yours including the Workhorse / Chevrolet chassis. I had a Banks header system and Gear Vendors overdrive installed on it and it ran like a scared rabbit. Logged around 50,000 miles on it before buying my current coach.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote