Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Cameras and Dash Cover

My Intent came without side cameras. Looking to purchase. Any Ideas??
Winnebago told me I'd have to install a new monitor. I believe there's enough room on an Intent dash to keep another monitor. Lol...
Also wanted a Dash Cover but they don't seem to be available yet...Any ideas??
sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:48 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammax View Post
Thanks so much...I'm going to look into the springs, Sway bar and stabilizer...
I would install the sway bar and stabilizer first then decide if you still need the Sumo springs.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammax View Post
My Intent came without side cameras. Looking to purchase. Any Ideas??
Winnebago told me I'd have to install a new monitor. I believe there's enough room on an Intent dash to keep another monitor. Lol...
Also wanted a Dash Cover but they don't seem to be available yet...Any ideas??
What problem are you trying to solve with the side cameras? If its the passenger side blind spot you can try one of these first.

https://www.amazon.com/Hysagtek-Reve...8-1&ref=sr_1_1
Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Side camera

I have no side cameras...I can install them...no big deal...just making my co-pilot more comfortable....
sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

If you do not have side camera’s then you must have a 2018 Intent. The 2019 comes with them already installed. I had the dealer add the side camera beforbefore we picked up our coach. The monitor that comes with the Intent is side camera ready so don’t let the dealer (stealer) tell you you need a new head unit to make them work! The ones I had installed are awesome and crystal clear. They mounted them to the side of the coach exactly where the 2019 Intents side cameras are located. I have the invoice in the coach and I will see if I can get the parts numbers from it. I am in PA now and will be returning to FL on Sunday.
BryceCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

If you want as close to an air ride as you can get Sumo’s are the way to go. By the way road noise was reduced by 70%! I would not drive my Intent 31P without them.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Feel free to inmessage me. If you are in my area you can get the sidecameras installed at LaMesa in Sanford where I got mine.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #28
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I’m not sure on the price difference but would echo what Meridian says. The Vista is the next step up and we’re really happy with ours. If you’re considering a new Intent, look for a good used Vista, 2017 or up. It should have the 6 speed chassis and improved slide mechanisms.
Funny you mentioned improved slide mechanisms on the Vista. I just bought a used 2018 32YE with only 1600 miles on it. It's like new. Unfortunately the left side living room slide doesn't slide out. The rear motor is dead. I'm wondering if there's a pattern of this, or I'm just the unlucky one. Any ideas out there?
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Funny you mentioned improved slide mechanisms on the Vista. I just bought a used 2018 32YE with only 1600 miles on it. It's like new. Unfortunately the left side living room slide doesn't slide out. The rear motor is dead. I'm wondering if there's a pattern of this, or I'm just the unlucky one. Any ideas out there?
Sorry for your troubles. I guess improved doesn’t mean perfect. I will admit to crossing my fingers every time I operate my slide and never, ever stop it part way. I never had these ominous feelings with my Highland Ridge trailer :(
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:05 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceCarson View Post
If you want as close to an air ride as you can get Sumo’s are the way to go. By the way road noise was reduced by 70%! I would not drive my Intent 31P without them.
I have heard others say this but I don't understand the mechanics of why the Sumos would make a difference in road noise. Aren't the leaf springs still the primary compression point for any wheel bounce from rough roads?
Old 10-30-2018, 03:17 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

No. The Sumo’s become the compression point. look for videos on line. They sit between the frame and sit on top of the spring and shock. Well you won’t really know or understand until you try them on an Intent 31P. Can’t explain why but it does. I am not concerned about the actual mechanics of them all I know is they work and from a safety, handling and performance point of view I would not trade them in. Drove almost 6k miles with them and wouldn’t ever take them off. Love the ride is all is can really say. This is my testimony and they work for me in several different ways as noted in my previous posts. I can only speak to the Intent 31P and how they performed on my Intent. If you have an Intent 31P and have driven it much and then put Sumo’s, Swaybars and Steering stabilizer on, well it drives like a higher end coach. This all worked for me.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:10 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Looked at the RV specific videos for Sumos and I think I get it now. I had looked at Sumos for a PU truck before and those don't connect to the frame of the truck. In fact, they do not even touch the frame unless the truck has a load. The purpose is more for leveling than for providing dampening. In the case of an RV, the rear Sumos are connected to both the leaf spring and the frame so the first compression point is the Sumo and not the leaf spring. I already have a rear sway bar and the steering stabilizer. These made a huge difference in the drivability of the RV. Now, I would like to smooth out the ride so I'll have to get some Sumos installed. By the way, I have a Vista but an F53 chassis is an F53 chassis. They all seem to need suspension improvements.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:14 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Another interesting note is that the Sumo spring folks recommend using the blue Sumos and not the Yellow Sumos on an RV even though the Yellow have a higher load capacity. That is because the Yellow Sumos are significantly stiffer and result is a harsher ride not a smoother ride.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Yes an F53 is an F53. Here is what I ordered from Amazon: SSR 184-40-1 (Rear) $547.00 and SSF-170-1 (Front) $647.00. You will be extremely please. A little pricy but so well worth it.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #35
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Yes an F53 is an F53. Here is what I ordered from Amazon: SSR 184-40-1 (Rear) $547.00 and SSF-170-1 (Front) $647.00. You will be extremely please. A little pricy but so well worth it.
Your SSF-170-1 doesn't come up with Amazon.

Do you mean SSF-170-40-2 ?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:24 AM   #36
Winnebago Camper

John yes -2 sorry about that. Just checked my old Amazon order
Old 10-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #37
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Yes an F53 is an F53.
I discovered this weekend that my 1999 Fleetwood with F53 chassis has 8 lug rims, and my new 2018 Vista (with 2017 F53 chassis) has 10 lug rims. So I can't use the spare tire from my old RV on my new RV. Darn it.

Engineering a way to carry a spare would be tight, behind the gas tank using a hoist mechanism. I would have to plasma cut pie shaped pieces from the lower C channel frame member plates on each side for the tire to snugly fit in the space. I will have a toad so a Class III hitch spare holder isn't in the cards.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #38
Winnebago Master

2018 Intent 26m

Hi all,

I've had mine for a month now. We've taken it out every weekend and haven't had any issues. I've already done the "CHF" and added a Safety Steer. Vastly improved driving characteristics.
I can't tell you how many times I've said to my wife "I f'n LOVE this thing!"
YGoHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:22 AM   #39
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
I discovered this weekend that my 1999 Fleetwood with F53 chassis has 8 lug rims, and my new 2018 Vista (with 2017 F53 chassis) has 10 lug rims. So I can't use the spare tire from my old RV on my new RV. Darn it.

Engineering a way to carry a spare would be tight, behind the gas tank using a hoist mechanism. I would have to plasma cut pie shaped pieces from the lower C channel frame member plates on each side for the tire to snugly fit in the space. I will have a toad so a Class III hitch spare holder isn't in the cards.
I'm impressed that you would ever attempt to change a flat on one of these beasts. My spare is a Coach-Net membership.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #40
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
I'm impressed that you would ever attempt to change a flat on one of these beasts. My spare is a Coach-Net membership.
I do a lot of boon docking in the wild, desert, mountains, etc. I'm not sure Coach Net would be able to find me without a GPS coordinate, not to mention I typically have no cell coverage to call for help. You're right, I don't look forward to changing a tire, and I would normally call for help. I've only had to change one tire in 30yrs, and it wasn't fun, but I got it done.

I'm not sure if I'll engineer a spare hoist mechanism or not, it's a lot of work for something that I'll likely not need. Maybe it's better to invest in a TPMS to help mitigate the risk of unknown tire problems before it's a problem. That's is certainly easier.