Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Any happy 2015 Grand Tour owners???

I'm in love with this model and/or the Itasca version. Of course, you hear the bad stuff in the forums but I wonder if there are any satisfied owners who could provide some positive input on how their new coaches are performing...and vs. their old model and what they traded up from.

We're in a 38' Tiffin and ready for a bath and a half, tag, etc.
louisejewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
LTL
Winnebago Watcher

We have an Ellipse Ultra and are very pleased with it. Ordered the coach and took delivery in Oct 24th. We now have 5500 miles on it. Has been a few minor issues but nothing major.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We purchased new a 2012 Tour (dark ruby) from Lazy Days in Tampa. Stayed a little over three weeks getting everything taken care of that was on our "punch list". Test drove it three times.

Since then the only thing that went wrong was a water pump failure, a vendor item.

I firmly believe staying the three weeks, and camping in the new motorhome until new parts would come in was the "secret" to it all. Heck, LD even took out the slides and put in new rollers as they were directed to do so by Winnebago.

LD did not start the warranty until we departed. We have the old model slide devices.

Then again I've always been lucky.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We bought a 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD after trading in our 2011 Tour, and not to be surprised with any new, complicated motorcoach, a few bugs to work out following deliver a year ago and 6,500 miles later. All issues were minor except for a major pain in the but* with Lippert slide-out for galley (on our third set of rails and motors). Otherwise, we love the coach. Beautiful machine, drives like a dream, comfy and plenty of space both inside and in the basement. Has the tag axle, 450 hp diesel, Custom Freightliner chassis, and a lot more. Very nice.

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to RVtrader
we have the 2014 Tour, bath & a half model. got it in sept 2014, traded in a 2005 Adventurer. we gave it a month for a break in period, and made a list of anything that wasn't 100 percent. took it to the factory in Forest City, and they fixed everything. it was all minor, pithy stuff, like the step cover squeaking and such. we love it more and more every day. we live in it full time, sold the house, etc. very comfy.
RVtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

bought the 2014 Tour QD in Tucson!!

Feels like we're divorcing Tiffin and marrying Winnebago

Very excited as it has EVERYTHING we both wanted. Colors inside for me, Traveler dish for Walt. We do the exchange at LaMesa in a few weeks. They are having to make slide repairs and prep for delivery. Hope we can have some
luck w/the slides as that seems to be the prevailing weakness.

We will spend a few weeks in the area just in case, then head east to our NC home only to check in for a few weeks and off we go...to Forest City if necessary and beyond.

If there are any other items we should be paying attention to upon pick up at LaMesa, chime in...Louise
Old 04-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKW View Post
We bought a 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD after trading in our 2011 Tour, and not to be surprised with any new, complicated motorcoach, a few bugs to work out following deliver a year ago and 6,500 miles later. All issues were minor except for a major pain in the but* with Lippert slide-out for galley (on our third set of rails and motors). Otherwise, we love the coach. Beautiful machine, drives like a dream, comfy and plenty of space both inside and in the basement. Has the tag axle, 450 hp diesel, Custom Freightliner chassis, and a lot more. Very nice.

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
Where did you get slide-out fixed? At dealer or did you go back to factory? I have same problem with 2015 Tour QD.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

report on new 2014 Tour QD

Its been about 3 weeks and we are in love! We bought this new at LaMesa in Tucson and I must say, they did a great job. Got everything I wanted in this model including a great price. It had been picked up by them in bankruptcy from McMahon RV in CA. The slides weren't working right. After we gave the deposit we waited across the street at Lazy Days for 3 weeks while they replaced the rollers, reinstalled the slides and repainted around where the changes were made. They did a good job and it was worth the wait. We stayed at LD another week and made a few overnight trips to make sure all was well. Only found one a/c wasn't working so they ordered a new one and installed it within a week.

Headed east on I-10 and enjoying our new luxury features. We found water dripping from the ceiling where the new a/c was near Houston. Stopped at Ron Hoover RV to check it out. They initially gave us a hard time on this as a warranty item since LaMesa did the work! I raised hell, they called Winnie and it was approved. Turns out the tech forgot to install a gasket. This just happened yesterday so we are still awaiting results but so far so good.

Slides are smooth as silk. Having the full wall slide makes a huge difference in comfort. Extra toilet is super convenient...I love everything about the inside. Only change I want to make is the counter top drawers...they leave no room for my serious Breville toaster oven that I use to make bread and my Gaggia superautomatic espresso machine. I currently only use one side of the sink and use the outside half with the cover on to hold the Gaggia. Wondering if anyone has removed this. I looked behind the little drawers and see the counter top is there so it may work.

Wish there was a dedicated Tour forum!