Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Any Forza owners out there?

I have a RV I enjoy but some relatives are interested after going on a trip with us. Their goal is to travel, visit kids and grandkids, and half time maybe full time. I have told them about some great deals on used DP coaches but they are reluctant to start with a 40-45 footer but they like the diesel power, air ride and air brakes. They also have a need to sleep 6 or 7 (3 small kids) occassionally. Enter the new Forza. It is diesel yet small and maneuverable, has 3 big beds and a nice high end coach style interior.

I'm looking for any opinions of actual Forza/Solei owners how they like it so far. Did any new Forza types downsize from larger DPs and how do they compare? How does it handle (I'm primarily interested in the 34T)? Does it ride nice?How is the fit and finish and overall quality? Any regrets, thoughts? Of course they need to test drive but I 'm interested in owners opinions. I've looked on the web and there are a few RV reviews by the so called experts but the owners are the ones who matter.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Always remember "parties 10, feeds 4, and sleeps 2". You'll never go wrong

Dave
Budski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budski View Post

Dave

Very true.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Did Winnebago sell any Forzas to Forum members????

No activity about my post last month. Looking for any owners of a Forza or Soliel 34T about how they like it and such? Looking for a relative.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
No activity about my post last month. Looking for any owners of a Forza or Soliel 34T about how they like it and such? Looking for a relative.
Looks like these have been Great sellers or just none existent . Hopefully someone has bought one, or even better has anyone seen one yet
Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

DW and myself just purchased a 2014 Itasca Solei 34T. This is our first DP and so far aside from some minor quality control issues out of the factory, we're quite pleased with our new motorhome. We previously had a 2013 Itasca Sunova and the difference in handling between the gasser and the DP are like night and day. The only thing we miss from the Sunova was our king bed. We saw the Solei at the KC RV show in January 2014, and decided we should make the upgrade. The Solei is what I hear as an 'entry level' DP. But it doesn't feel cheap or look cheap. It presents itself as a solid, quality looking rig. We just left KC to begin our full-timing adventure the 3rd week of February. We drove it down to a park east of Dallas to ride out the winter before returning to SD to complete our transition to being SD residents. The coach handling wonderfully, even with some very gusty winds through OK. I can do without the traffic around Dallas, but that had nothing to do with the Solei, and more to do with construction and the crazy folks driving around there. We have no regrets on our choice and look forward to more travels in our new home.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I am curious about the drop down bunk up front. Do you have that option and if so would it work for grandkids? Is it worth the expenditure?

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Yes we have that option. It can handle up to 300 lbs per dealer. There is no ladder to climb into it. I don't think it should be used for infants, but it should fine for older kids. It was already in the model we bought so I can't say if it's worth it or not. If I get in DW's doghouse it's nice that it is there.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

My wife an i just bought Solei 34T last week and took it for a quick camping trip to Oregon coast at the Sea Side. The fit and finish is very good, it handles very well specially considering Oregon coast curvy roads, and we were pleased with the milage right around 11 mpg. We are towing our Audi using Kaddy SS and the pair perform wonderfully together. We have the air mattress option and that felt good after we pumped it up a little, other wise has tendency of sagging in the middle. We really like the U shaped sitting and the flex table. TV worked really good just using the digital antenna, and the dash radio is a great unit. Overall high quality MH.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone used the rig in hot weather. I've read mixed reports as to whether the ACs can handle the heat.

Nick
Old 07-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Nick:

I'm presently in the Indianapolis area with zero shade trees around the rig. Yesterday temps were in low 90s with high humidity. So far the ACs have kept the inside quite comfortable. I can't speak to what they'll do when we hit the 100s.

Lanny
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Glad to see the positive comments on the Forza. We have a deposit on a 38R and plan to take delivery in two weeks.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Lanny, that is good news! Keep us posted on how the rig is working for you.

Nick
Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budski View Post

Dave
Actually I think it's Entertains 6, feeds 4, sleeps 2
Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Ctaurie1 and Traveler:

The biggest problem I experienced to date was the leak over the windshield. Before you take delivery make darn sure that someone has checked the caulking (or lack thereof) behind the weather strip above the windshield. Mine had barely any caulking from the factory. So, the first good rain storm happened and a leak started dripping from the speaker ledge behind the cabinets in front. Thankfully, there was a column in here about an Adventurer that had the same issue, the fix prescribed in that column has (knock on wood) to date worked like a charm. All our other issues to date have been relatively minor (trim not adhered properly, a part for the Whirlpool fridge needed replacing, sound bar not properly wired into TV). We did swop out the propane only hot water heater for a electr/propane one. We are fulltimers and didn't want a propane only. Our dealer went half on parts/labor. So far the 6 gallon hot water tank has not been an issue. I get 1 gallon, DW gets 5!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

We have a Forza 34T. We traded in our 2004 Adventurer 38G. We loved our old unit and this is the first unit that had everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. We wanted to go to a DP but not a larger rig than we had. First thing we did was buy a 31" x 31" cube for in front of the couch so We can use it as a coffee table or foot rest. The top flips over into a tray as well. We also store games and blankets in it. We took the table that comes with the Forza out. For us, it was heavy and awkward. We could not get our legs comfortably under it. We bought a slim-line 4ft adjustable height table if we need it at Wamart. We use the space where the table was as fantastic storage. We keep a stainless steel trash can under there along with extra cases of water etc. Great hidden storage space. We are getting ready to take it in and have the Safe-T-Plus put on. DH could feel the difference from our old unit. We will also have the Super Steer put on as well. We would put these on any unit we purchased. We've had issues with it being new...fuel leak. That was a freight liner issue. Some trim issues and the MBR sliding door Never stays locked in position when traveling so it crashes into the cabinets. Going old school with that fix....told them I just want a clear button strap to keep it secure. With all that said...we absolutely love our new little unit!! Still big enough to sleep 5 if our kids want to meet us somewhere and the perfect size for just DH and myself.
jomo1989 is offline   Reply With Quote