Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

another Vista 26 HE question

We just finished our first season with our Vista 26HE. We love it except for one area, the TV location above the cockpit. It only takes a few minutes of watching to get a stiff neck, whether watching from the extra chair or from the dinette. A check with Winnebago offered no solution. I'm also guessing there are other makes and models with the TV in the same location.

Receiving good info/answers before on this forum, I'm asking the owners with a similar situation, has anyone found or devised a mount which allows the TV to be lowered for watching and then returned to its normal area for travel?
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have seen drop down TV mounts but they only work on new, lightweight TVs. You could seek some solution like this.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Is there another area you would prefer to view it? Reloacating the TV can be done.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

According to the specs you have a 32" TV there which should weigh in the neighborhood of 25 pounds. It looks from pictures that it is presently mounted on a simply one direction down tilt bracket. Correct?
If so...can you access the wood or material in back of the TV to remove it and mount a different bracket?
If so...then any number of two arm hinged articulating brackets should be mountable...not in their usual horizontal configuration ...but in a vertical configuration to allow you to swing it down for easy viewing and swing it back up when done.
Something like this but mounted 90 degrees from shown. You might need a backing plate of plywood or metal to distribute mounting forces.

I note that this particular one can hold 40lbs.
Chief 10-32” Full Swing Flat Panel Wall Mount - iCSPDA2T03

But there are lots of others and you might look in Walmart & BestBuy for some hands on comparisons.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

There really is no other place in the living room/cockpit area to mount the TV so I will check for some type of swivel mount for the present location.

Camaraderie, I also need to check if the TV is on a mount now. I thought it was just flat mounted to the front of the cabinet. My dealer or Winnebago never advised it was on a mount now when questioned about the difficult viewing angle.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Judge View Post
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

There really is no other place in the living room/cockpit area to mount the TV so I will check for some type of swivel mount for the present location.

Camaraderie, I also need to check if the TV is on a mount now. I thought it was just flat mounted to the front of the cabinet. My dealer or Winnebago never advised it was on a mount now when questioned about the difficult viewing angle.
Here is another thought for you: Nexus 21 TV Lifts :: TV Lift Applications
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I turned the articulating arm 90 degrres to bring a new led tv to a more comfortable viewing angle on my winn. sightseer. It helped but I wish it lowered the tv a little more.
tom1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Site Team

I also have the 26HE. I have brought inside a zero gravity chair to watch a movie and it was really comfortable....and a cheap fix if you don't watch much TV.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote