Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Alternator wiring

Field term on alt corroded off. Has the 2 field wires in a plug. New alt has exterior posts for field connections with no labeling I can see. My 2 wires have bat on one constant and the other has bat with switch on. The switched one has a diode inline. When hooked up one way there is no charging. When reversed it charges but immediately starts heating up diode toll it fails. Replaced with a 10 amp diode but still does same thing. If looking from rear and calling posts 1&2 left to right, I have the constant battery on post 1 and diode lead on post 2. Why is the diode blowing?
Ttowntoehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off