Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Air Filter P/N??

Can't believe that in the Freightliner Operators manual & Maintenance manual, though they mention the Air Filter filtration specs and give a recommended replacement schedule, there is no mention of a part number! In the book they give specs for engine/chassis oils and filters, for either the Cummins or Cat engine setups, but nothing on the air filter!

Does anyone know the P/N for it?

2002 Winnebago Journey Cat 3126e 330HP.

Thanks for any help.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

And whoever finds Jim’s, see if you can find one for a 2006 Journey/Meridian with a C/7 too ?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It looks like your 2006 should use the Parker Racor ECO-SE filter, PN 114880-003. You can compare the dimensions you have with the info in this pdf to make sure you've got the correct one: ECO® & ECOLITE® Air Cleaners

This thread may be useful: Changing Cat C7 Air Filter.

Don't know about the 2002, but I would suspect it to be the same.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Can't believe that in the Freightliner Operators manual & Maintenance manual, though they mention the Air Filter filtration specs and give a recommended replacement schedule, there is no mention of a part number! In the book they give specs for engine/chassis oils and filters, for either the Cummins or Cat engine setups, but nothing on the air filter!

Does anyone know the P/N for it?

2002 Winnebago Journey Cat 3126e 330HP.

Thanks for any help.
Call the Freightliner help line with your vin handy. They will give you the exact part #.
1-800-385-4357
Old 09-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Running out of time shortly after I posted this thread, I took a chance and ordered my best guess of which filter it was. I needed to ship it to the shop so I wouldn't have to leave my RV with them while they removed it, got the number off the thing, and ordered it from the local Napa store. While I stayed in a rented room. Did not want to do that.

Turned out my best guess was the right filter. Also turned out that the shippers guesstimate of when it would arrive was off by 3 days and it arrived on the Friday before my Tuesday appointment instead of the Monday before.

P/N is WIX 46748 Heavy Duty.

Shop had it installed in a half hour. The tech slammed the old filter on the floor and boy did a lot of dust and dirt fall out. Glad I got it replaced.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks Chris, i’m going tomstart reading this later tonight..

Jim: Does this look like a reasonable job for a mortal, or a monkey that can press 400lb.?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Running out of time shortly after I posted this thread, I took a chance and ordered my best guess of which filter it was. I needed to ship it to the shop so I wouldn't have to leave my RV with them while they removed it, got the number off the thing, and ordered it from the local Napa store. While I stayed in a rented room. Did not want to do that.

Turned out my best guess was the right filter. Also turned out that the shippers guesstimate of when it would arrive was off by 3 days and it arrived on the Friday before my Tuesday appointment instead of the Monday before.

P/N is WIX 46748 Heavy Duty.

Shop had it installed in a half hour. The tech slammed the old filter on the floor and boy did a lot of dust and dirt fall out. Glad I got it replaced.
Nice job. Well done. Clean air is important. Don't want to damage the turbo!
What was the original filter #?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
What was the original filter #?
The filter P/N according to Freightliner (they built the chassis and spec'ed the filter) is 114880003. That crosses to Fleetguard P/N AH1197. And to WIX46748.

I would have bought the Fleetguard if it had been available but my sources were out of stock at that particular moment. From what I was able to find, the WIX is an acceptable sub.

Quote:
Jim: Does this look like a reasonable job for a mortal, or a monkey that can press 400lb.?
As far as how tough the job would be, it's not something I would want to tackle UNLESS it was on a cement pad, and I had a nice impact socket drill, a big screw driver, some new 5" SS Band Clamps, and goggles. I already have a creeper.

The Truck Shop in Hines, Oregon didn't mind if I hung around the work so I clued in the mechanic on how I'd read it's done, and as I said earlier, didn't take him long. Would have taken me an hour I suspect. Longer if the RV was parked on a gravel driveway.

At my age, I wouldn't do it myself unless I had too.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
The filter P/N according to Freightliner (they built the chassis and spec'ed the filter) is 114880003. That crosses to Fleetguard P/N AH1197. And to WIX46748.

I would have bought the Fleetguard if it had been available but my sources were out of stock at that particular moment. From what I was able to find, the WIX is an acceptable sub.

As far as how tough the job would be, it's not something I would want to tackle UNLESS it was on a cement pad, and I had a nice impact socket drill, a big screw driver, some new 5" SS Band Clamps, and goggles. I already have a creeper.

The Truck Shop in Hines, Oregon didn't mind if I hung around the work so I clued in the mechanic on how I'd read it's done, and as I said earlier, didn't take him long. Would have taken me an hour I suspect. Longer if the RV was parked on a gravel driveway.

At my age, I wouldn't do it myself unless I had too.
Thanks for the info. Here is the Amazon link for the fleetguard: https://www.amazon.com/Fleetguard-Ai...eywords=ah1197

I know what you mean about age. Getting older is not for wimps.
I did mine myself. After I was all done I realized that I had partial access through the back compartment door. Much monkeying around for not.
I understand that some of the air filters are horizontal. Tough to reach. And dirt getting into the exit side of the filter tube to the turbo is a BIG .
Clean snorkel air means a Happy Camper!
Happy trials.
Rick
Old 09-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks for the info. Here is the Amazon link for the fleetguard: https://www.amazon.com/Fleetguard-Ai...eywords=ah1197

I know what you mean about age. Getting older is not for wimps.
I did mine myself. After I was all done I realized that I had partial access through the back compartment door. Much monkeying around for not.
I understand that some of the air filters are horizontal. Tough to reach. And dirt getting into the exit side of the filter tube to the turbo is a BIG .
Clean snorkel air means a Happy Camper!
Happy trials.
Rick

Thanks for the link about the Fleetguard filter but note that it says it will ship in 1-3 WEEKS! Ain't likely that I'd wait that long for a part, which is why I went with the WIX. Not only was it $35 less expensive, but it was in stock, also had free shipping, they shipped immediately and it arrived 3 days faster they they speculated when I ordered.

Mine is mounted horizontally. Attached at either end with big 5" rubbers. held tightly onto the filter with clamps. And the air snorkel goes way to near the top of the end cap...a feature I really appreciate as it draws mostly clean air from 8 feet off the ground.

Here's a link to a picture of how mine is mounted. I was actually taking a shot of the hole in muffler pipe. This is taken while I lay flat on the ground and you can see that the filter is mostly horizontal.

http://chaos.goblinbox.com/rv-repair...carousel-12805

Old 09-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks for the link about the Fleetguard filter but note that it says it will ship in 1-3 WEEKS! Ain't likely that I'd wait that long for a part, which is why I went with the WIX. Not only was it $35 less expensive, but it was in stock, also had free shipping, they shipped immediately and it arrived 3 days faster they they speculated when I ordered.

Mine is mounted horizontally. Attached at either end with big 5" rubbers. held tightly onto the filter with clamps. And the air snorkel goes way to near the top of the end cap...a feature I really appreciate as it draws mostly clean air from 8 feet off the ground.

Here's a link to a picture of how mine is mounted. I was actually taking a shot of the hole in muffler pipe. This is taken while I lay flat on the ground and you can see that the filter is mostly horizontal.

Muffler... | Chaos Leaves Town
Jim, That's for the folks who want to plan ahead.
Your exhaust does look like it is a bit overdue for some TLC. I don't look forward to do mine. Looks good at the moment.
Because of you posted review of the Airflow Deflector I ordered a set yesterday. I do hate checking out with PayPal. No pal at all. If I tell anyone about these and they show interest I will certainly tell them to place the order over the phone. I'll know in a few months how they work out. Heading to CA from Grants Pass so I thought I would try to save a few bucks from the high sales tax,
Rick
Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Jim, That's for the folks who want to plan ahead.
Your exhaust does look like it is a bit overdue for some TLC. I don't look forward to do mine. Looks good at the moment.
Because of you posted review of the Airflow Deflector I ordered a set yesterday. I do hate checking out with PayPal. No pal at all. If I tell anyone about these and they show interest I will certainly tell them to place the order over the phone. I'll know in a few months how they work out. Heading to CA from Grants Pass so I thought I would try to save a few bucks from the high sales tax,
Rick
Hope that the V-Spoilers work out for you as well as they have for me. I'm still a big fan of them.

Those few online retailers that try to force me to use Paypal, I contact and let them know they've lost the sale because I won't do business with an international criminal organization. Then I send them a link to Paypalsucks.com so they can see for themselves.

And yes, many of those business would shortly there after add payment by VISA instead of routing it through Paypal. I have called outfits before and done the transaction over the phone, using their home based VISA setup and that works too. But occasionally, I'll have to find some other supplier that gives me a choice.

Problem now is that they've gotten their sticky fingers into so many areas of commerce that it's nearly impossible to buy something where they're not involved somehow.

Finally, the V-Spoilers have competition called Airtabs. See if they sell them just using VISA and no Paypal.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hope that the V-Spoilers work out for you as well as they have for me. I'm still a big fan of them.

Those few online retailers that try to force me to use Paypal, I contact and let them know they've lost the sale because I won't do business with an international criminal organization. Then I send them a link to Paypalsucks.com so they can see for themselves.

And yes, many of those business would shortly there after add payment by VISA instead of routing it through Paypal. I have called outfits before and done the transaction over the phone, using their home based VISA setup and that works too. But occasionally, I'll have to find some other supplier that gives me a choice.

Problem now is that they've gotten their sticky fingers into so many areas of commerce that it's nearly impossible to buy something where they're not involved somehow.

Finally, the V-Spoilers have competition called Airtabs. See if they sell them just using VISA and no Paypal.
My friend may be buying them also. Told him to call the company directly.

Airtabs is more costly and cumbersome to put on, from what I got out of their site.

My wife doesn't understand fully why I think these things are a good idea. I tried to make the 'cleaner rear deck and radiator' argument but only got a blank stare back.
See you around the forum. Time for my first cup of coffee that is long overdo.
Rick
Old 10-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Tell her they're magic and make it so your RV moves though the air smoother.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Tell her they're magic and make it so your RV moves though the air smoother.
In so many words I did. But, I just looked at the header of this thread and I think we are a bit 'off topic'. Well, we are talking about keeping the air going into the air filter a bit cleaner. (Long, hard stretch of the imagination?) I'll start a new thread.
Rick