Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have noticed that our pantry release plastic knob is broken. Has anyone experienced this and where would you find one. I looked on Winnebago Parts list and could not find it. Welcome suggestions!!!

07 F350 Dually Ford Diesel
R Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have noticed that our pantry release plastic knob is broken. Has anyone experienced this and where would you find one. I looked on Winnebago Parts list and could not find it. Welcome suggestions!!!

07 F350 Dually Ford Diesel
R Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Ron,

We cracked the little plastic knob on our Journey pantry release the first time we used it. Realized right afterward, that the reason it cracked was that it wasn't pressed on all the way.

Looking at the Adventurer Parts Breakdown, it looks like the Winnebago part number is 123673-01-01A. Try going to the Galley Group, and looking under "Doors and Drawers" double check the part number.

I'd suggesting checking with Winnebagoparts.com as they are one of the lowest cost sources for parts. They're also a irv2 advertiser, so you gotta like em.

Joe
Old 12-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Ours also broke last summer. I dis not replace it, I turned it over and with some good plastic glue built it up and stuck it back on. You can hardly tell it is broken. In fact I'm not sure that the wife even noticed it broke.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

I just wanted to make a post along the lines of this topic but what happened to us was that we broke the lock that holds the pantry in. I hear that this is an all too often occurrence but to no big deal we just have to deal with it.

We ran some 75 miles with a broken lock. My wife is adapting well to full-timing and she suggested we use on of our Double Refrigerator Bars to hold the pantry closed. We extended the bars out to their maximum reach and sprung the bars in between the face of the pantry at about the 5 foot level and the corner of the opposite wall. The temporary fix worked perfectly and it never budged.

Note the jagged piece of metal in between the V formed by the release spring.

I wanted to see what a lock looked in working condition so armed with my camera we visited a Journey with a slide out pantry. Note the tab on the lock mechanism.

Note the tab clearly visible.

The tab engages with the track when the pantry is closed. In order to change the latch, I have to remove the pantry. If you look at your latches there is a recess and a flat detent looking piece of metal in the track. Once you push the track clip it disengages the lock and you can pull the pantry cabinet off its tracks. I purchased Winnebago Part Number: 122360-03-000 Slide, Pantry, w/Lock.

I may not have to pull the entire slide assembly off of the cabinet. All I need however is the portion of the slide assembly that contains the lock mechanism. Stay tuned folks we're changing the slide mechanism sometime this week. I'm figuring I need 2 people to manage moving the cabinet and engaging the track.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I also just had to replace mine.
Like you said, not a big deal, except that it is kind of a pain to get the pantry out and put back in the tight space you have to work in. Only about 2 inches between the One Place Control Panel and the pantry when it is extended all of the way. Not much room for a big boy like me to move around in. It is a two person job to get it out and put back in. Not very heavy though, so the DW was a great help.
One thing I noticed while doing the research to order the replacement slide and latch.
First, you can only buy the entire slide, even though you only need the part that mounts to the pantry and slides into the part that mounts on the pantry wall. I did not replace the one on the wall. Kept it in case I need it later and therefore the scope of work was reduced.
Second, the smaller pantry, the one that is installed with the double refrig option, has TWO
slides with latches....seems sort of strange that Winnie would install 2 on the smaller pantry and only one on the bigger one that can hold lots more sturr and therefore have more weith shift to deal with.

Bill & Joan
Bill R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Well the three of us, Captain Bud, Hitchhiker and I fixed this thing and got it right. One thing that we did opt to do was replace not only the component that held the lock but we found that the lock wasn't engaging properly in the existing rail so we removed the cabinet and replaced the main section of the rail.

Having replaced the entire rail assembly a gentle push shows the lock engaging much easier when the pantry is closed.

We found that unless you have 2 people this task is improbable.

Now the current problem is that the operating button on the end of the lever is beginning to crack. I'll need one of those shortly but that should be both quick and inexpensive to replace.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote