Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

i have the 2000 37g adventurer. it handles great and rides smooth. it has 50k on it and the v10 runs great. love the mh. the only disadvantage it has compared to a diesel pusher is it is only rated to tow 5000 lb. this is due to the frame extension at the rear. unless you want to tow something heavier than a toad, this shouldnt be a problem. the dp are rated for considerable more. good luck
winniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

I saw a TV show that typically reviews cars but they were thinking outside the box and did a Winnebsgo 37F. I also saw the same review on-line. This was about a year ago. You might be able to find it you google 'Test Drive Winnrbago 37F'.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
i have the 2000 37g adventurer. it handles great and rides smooth. it has 50k on it and the v10 runs great. love the mh. the only disadvantage it has compared to a diesel pusher is it is only rated to tow 5000 lb. this is due to the frame extension at the rear. unless you want to tow something heavier than a toad, this shouldnt be a problem. the dp are rated for considerable more. good luck
Not just the frame extension rating it at 5,000 lbs, the hitch is only a 5,000 lb hitch and the chassis brakes can't handle more.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago chat

New here. How do I join chats
Tops800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Good to know -- glad you are happy with the ride!
RMChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

We full time in an 07 Adventurer with the GM 8.1 Vortec engine. Just got back from an 8 month trip out west to Montana and other western locales. I can say that after 40+K miles, I enjoy the drivability and ride of the Adventurer. I know that DP's are heavier ad probably ride smoother, but I certainly have no complaints about the drive or the ride.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Good to now -- I am glad to hear the Adventurer has been riding well.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

We just upgraded from our very first MH, a 2012 Thor Hurricane 32A (33 ft) with the F53 / 18k chassis / 208" wheelbase / 19.5 tires, to a 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B (36 ft) with the F53 / 22k chassis / 242" wheelbase / 22.5 tires. First the Thor... it was a real pleasure to drive for a gasser, yes diesel is a far better ride, but for a gasser, the Thor was a pleasure. I often drove it one-handed, and had no problems with trucks or winds. I've only driven the Winnebago home thus far (~ 50 miles), but it handles very much the same with the exception of a touch of wander. I expect the touch of wander to be more of alignment than anything else, and expect to find out when our winter weather breaks. Now with all that said, I will also add that the quality of the Winnebago was VERY noticeably better than the Thor. The Winnie's ride was smoother and MUCH quieter, both from house rattles and engine noise. So to answer your question on F53 handling, I have zero complaints, and I will add that coupled with Winnebago's quality (at least over my Thor), I expect to be driving our Vista for MANY MANY years.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
We just upgraded from our very first MH, a 2012 Thor Hurricane 32A (33 ft) with the F53 / 18k chassis / 208" wheelbase / 19.5 tires, to a 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B (36 ft) with the F53 / 22k chassis / 242" wheelbase / 22.5 tires. First the Thor... it was a real pleasure to drive for a gasser, yes diesel is a far better ride, but for a gasser, the Thor was a pleasure. I often drove it one-handed, and had no problems with trucks or winds. I've only driven the Winnebago home thus far (~ 50 miles), but it handles very much the same with the exception of a touch of wander. I expect the touch of wander to be more of alignment than anything else, and expect to find out when our winter weather breaks. Now with all that said, I will also add that the quality of the Winnebago was VERY noticeably better than the Thor. The Winnie's ride was smoother and MUCH quieter, both from house rattles and engine noise. So to answer your question on F53 handling, I have zero complaints, and I will add that coupled with Winnebago's quality (at least over my Thor), I expect to be driving our Vista for MANY MANY years.
Before you get it aligned (which may be a good thing to do) check your air pressures in the tires. The delivery drivers tend to inflate them to max psi. When the tires are over-inflated, it drives like a wild squirrel all over the road.

The right thing to do is have your new coach weighed as you would normally travel, fully loaded, people, fuel, water, dogs,etc., and then set the tires based on the tire manufacturer's specs per the actual weights. Until you can get the coach weighed, set the tires to the pressures listed on the placard on the wall near the driver's seat.

If your tires are over-inflated, you will be amazed how much better it will handle when you adjust the tire pressures down to the correct pressures per your actual weights.

I had this exact experience when I picked up my 'new' coach in 2007.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Driving & Camping

I had a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder, and have now upgraded to a Winnebago Journey DP.
Like a previous poster stated, while camping, there is zero difference. My newer Journey rides much better, drives easier, and is much quieter, for all the reasons you would expect.

The Bounder had the Ford chassis, and I added air bags to all 4 corners. That helped the ride tremendously, and reduced the rocking left to right when turning. I said reduced, not eliminated.
We loved our Bounder, we just wanted the DP, and felt like it was time to make a change.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 adventurer 35 L it drives good and handles fairly well , the V10 gasser is ok , nothing like a heavier DP of course .

I would rather a Larger DP if I were FT , but for weekend getaways or vacations the adventurer is just the ticket, and light on your wallet.

Good luck,James
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2011 35P and love it. I had the front end aligned, added a rear trak bar, and a Trucenter, all to help in a strong cross wind. It drives and rides great!
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude 66 View Post
We have a 2011 35P and love it. I had the front end aligned, added a rear trak bar, and a Trucenter, all to help in a strong cross wind. It drives and rides great!
Good to know -- once I can drive the unit I am considering I'll have an idea if some suspension add-ons are needed or not. It sounds like some owners are happy with stock units while others add some ride and safety capabilities.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

2008 Adventurer 38T

I had bought a 2008 Adventurer 38T model. I was extremely happy with it and liked the way it handled. It had an 8.1 checy engine in it and it was very quick with plenty of power. We wnt to the Grand Natioanl Rally and my wife saw them premere the 2010 Itasca Illipse 42AD and had to have it. You all know how that goes....what ever the misses wants the misses gets. I was happy with my Adventurer caus ewe paid cash for it. The Itasca is a different story...we still owe a little bit on it. Its definetly fine coach though. I definetly recommend the adventurer.
TAG1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Very happy with our 2011 32 H - now that we have completed the "Cheap Handling Fix" on the anti-sway bars, added Steer-safe on the front and had the ECM modified by Brazel's.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

On Our Way

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences! We are moving forward with purchasing an Adventurer -- it may take 6 weeks to get the deal down, but I expect it will happen. Very exciting time for the family to be thinking about RV'ing this summer
Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMChad View Post
Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences! We are moving forward with purchasing an Adventurer -- it may take 6 weeks to get the deal down, but I expect it will happen. Very exciting time for the family to be thinking about RV'ing this summer
I think you made a good choice. We've been researching for a replacement for our current Adventurer for several months. At 12 model years old and over 100,000 miles it's served us well. We finally pulled the trigger last week and ordered a 32H. Even with all the years and all miles we were given a pretty good trade in price for the old one. If all goes according to plan we'll have the new one just in time for the spring camping season.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Started out with a 2000 Adventurer 38g loved it , now have a 2007 Adventurer 39t and love the extra room and counter space. Ford or Chevy no problems, would buy another....
Happy Camping
H and M

Tags
winnebago