Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
DavidJK

Adventurer cutting board transformation?

I want my DH to modify that dumb pull-out cutting board in our '08 Adventurer! I'd like to have another drawer. I'm hoping that someone has done something similar to the cutting board space...

Below is a quote I found from an old, old discussion that is blocked from additional posting. Realize this is an old post, but hoping you or someone who has done something similar has a photo.
Thanks!
~Cathy
(Davel567532AFChap)

I found another use for the "never used" cutting board. I routed it out to hold a silverware tray. I removed the hinges and attached the front to the cutting board and it now is the silverware drawer. Outside of getting the alignment right the hardest part was finding the latch that matched the other drawers. I used 2 screws in the back for stops so the drawer won't be pulled out too far.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've considered converting mine to a drawer. I figured I could just build up a drawer with the same parts as the drawer below it, just cut down the height a little. Lichtsinn RV is great at figuring out what parts are needed for projects like this. I never quite got that far.

But. That rout it out and drop in a silverware holder idea. Silverware holder we use in the drawer below might just fit. I need to go measure some things, that might just work great for me.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent