Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
Site Team

Adventurer 35P owners - likes and dislikes?

I will be ordering from the factory a 35P and there is a long list of options. I'd love to hear from current owners what you like and dislike about the 35P and what options you would include or avoid. Thanks for sharing your experience!!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

macnut, Some of the things we do not like have been taken care of in the new models. One of the biggest dislikes is the Contour windows. When you set at the dinette you cannot see out the window because of the big black bar across the window. I don't think you can do anything about it now because those windows are standard now. May be able to special order. We are at the point I'm ready to order two of the older windows for the living room area and replace the ones there.
Attached is the order list for our coach. The items in green are the ones we ordered.
Now some notes:
We have not used the extension for the dinette table.
Have not missed the outside TV.
We do not use the dual recliner. I turn the drivers seat around and use the foot rest on the couch.
Love the Trav'ler antenna, I converted it to Dish.
Love the washer and dryer
We special ordered a two door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker because we wanted to keep the pantry and have a ice maker and the washer/dryer.
like the Ideal Rest mattress
Sent me a PM if you would like to talk about the 35P.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014 Adventurer 35P Cost.pdf (50.5 KB, 117 views)
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Site Team

gtharris, thanks for all the information! We agree about the contour windows...what were they thinking!? We were thinking the same thing about the dinette and exterior entertainment. I am surprised about the rest easy sofa, so we'll have to think about that.

I see you also got a queen bed. Is that to get additional room around the sides of the bed? Wife is a little concerned about that since the king is now standard.

I like your choice on the refrigerator, but it no longer appears to be option to have the smaller fridge with a pantry. We would choose that too. Is a special order something different?

A new option is a 300W solar system. We dry camp enough that it seems like a great option.

One of the things that appeals to us about the 35P is the opposing slides for the room and also like the dinette on the passenger side. We love pulling over at scenic spots when we drive and that will work great. The size is also still small enough to get us inside most national and state parks in CA.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
gtharris, thanks for all the information! We agree about the contour windows...what were they thinking!? We were thinking the same thing about the dinette and exterior entertainment. I am surprised about the rest easy sofa, so we'll have to think about that.
They are both rest easy sofas, on the optional one each side move independent of the other.
I see you also got a queen bed. Is that to get additional room around the sides of the bed? Wife is a little concerned about that since the king is now standard.
We have a queen in our home so that's what we wanted in the coach
I like your choice on the refrigerator, but it no longer appears to be option to have the smaller fridge with a pantry. We would choose that too. Is a special order something different?
Yes I just noticed they do not offer the pantry and small refrig anymore. I have a friend at Winnebago and he helped with the special order refrig. They will do a lot on special things just have to find the right person to talk to.
A new option is a 300W solar system. We dry camp enough that it seems like a great option.
We did not get the solar option but now I wished we had.
One of the things that appeals to us about the 35P is the opposing slides for the room and also like the dinette on the passenger side. We love pulling over at scenic spots when we drive and that will work great. The size is also still small enough to get us inside most national and state parks in CA.
Yes we like the dinette on the passenger side. Just wish we could see out the window better. We were able to get into Yellowstone Fishing Bridge because of being 35'.
Thanks!
Will work on the PM tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Thank you!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I would just go with the single solar panel for now, easy to add the other two later. We just picked up our used 2016 35P. Used the entertainment group a bunch to run the batteries down. By noon the next day, batteries were full. Nothing like my little panel on the '03 Adventurer.

I am not fond of small space when closed up. Will probably put the drivers slide out for loading up, if not all of them, we'll see.

The 24K chassis drives very nice stock. Coming from the WH W20, big improvement. Longer and 22.5 vs 19.5 tires may have a lot to do with it. Tranny downshifting on hills takes a bit to get used to, but coming down from Tahoe to Sacramento, enjoyed it.

The boss really likes having her own screen to load up maps and play with radio. We are having issues with our camera, that is locking up the whole infotainment system, so haven't played with it a lot. La Mesa has parts ordered.

We dry camp a lot as well, and are glad for the older propane frig.

Beware, your coach batteries are wet cell and need to be checked. We had to argue with our dealer to remove the seal and check it before we left. After reading the manual, these converter/chargers are a lot smarter than my '03. Also, your chassis battery will get charged as needed by the generator.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Site Team

747Driver, thanks for the great observations. I'll add comments within your reply.
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Driver View Post
I would just go with the single solar panel for now, easy to add the other two later. We just picked up our used 2016 35P. Used the entertainment group a bunch to run the batteries down. By noon the next day, batteries were full. Nothing like my little panel on the '03 Adventurer.
----great or hear your panel is doing the job!

I am not fond of small space when closed up. Will probably put the drivers slide out for loading up, if not all of them, we'll see.
----a real drawback, but not a deal breaker. I may have to go on a diet to fit! :-)

The 24K chassis drives very nice stock. Coming from the WH W20, big improvement. Longer and 22.5 vs 19.5 tires may have a lot to do with it. Tranny downshifting on hills takes a bit to get used to, but coming down from Tahoe to Sacramento, enjoyed it.
----I live in the East Bay and will take the route a lot. Great to hear the new tranny works well for the long downhill ride. I once got 18mpg going on downhill from Tahoe on I-80 !

The boss really likes having her own screen to load up maps and play with radio. We are having issues with our camera, that is locking up the whole infotainment system, so haven't played with it a lot. La Mesa has parts ordered.
----Winnebago really wins on the technology side.

We dry camp a lot as well, and are glad for the older propane frig.
----just what I was thinking. A propane stove, frig, water heater, and heater are tired and true for dry camping.

Beware, your coach batteries are wet cell and need to be checked. We had to argue with our dealer to remove the seal and check it before we left. After reading the manual, these converter/chargers are a lot smarter than my '03. Also, your chassis battery will get charged as needed by the generator.
----I have two new AGM group 31 batteries I will swap out when I get the 35P. Love the Lifelone AGM's.

Thanks, again for the info!!
Al
Old 09-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

We always put the drivers side and bedroom slides out when loading. I keep the coach plugged in at all times and check the batteries before every trip. Only have to add a little water and there is not any gassing.
There is a Battery Isolation Manager solenoid that controls the charging of the coach and chassis batteries and keeps them both charged when on shore power. Just remember the batteries will not charge if the battery disconnects are enabled.
Note: the solar panel connects directly to the coach batteries.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #9
Site Team

It seems Winnebago has a good electrical system compared to others, included the auto generator start. Looking forward to the upgrades from my Sunstar.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Our 35P is a 2013 vintage with the "Complimentary Broken Schwintek Club" membership. Although I believe the issue (may) have been resolved with the new drive modification, I'd be interested if anyone here disputes that?

We had the washer/dryer removed at the dealer and they added shelving in it's place. LOTS more room and unless you currently have those appliances my reading on here indicates a love/hate relationship.

King bed, ONLY the king bed please! Combination propane/gas refrigerator is working well. No oven, can't imagine when we would use it. Finally, I'd drop the exterior TV.
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #11
Site Team

We are also thinking of waiting on the washer/dryer until after we retire, if then.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #12
Site Team

Yes, from what I hear, the new slide mechanism works well. Thanks for your comments!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 35P owners - likes and dislikes?

We picked up our new 35p in july 2016. We love it. We got the washer and dryer and am so glad we did. I LOVE having them. I use the storage area in the rear of the coach as a pantry. It works out great. We also got the exterior tv simply for resale. We have no plans to sell it but it could make or break a deal if we ever do. We also go the king size bed. Always had the queen in our other coaches and just thought we'd give try it out. Either is fine with me. We did get the convection oven and it is the best. Love love love it. Hmmm what else? I LOVE this coach.
Cyicamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Ours has the lower oven and the microwave/convection oven. We do some baking on the road and will put it to use.

QUESTION for 35P folks: just went out to play with new/used Rv and tried to drop to the electric awning lower by loosening the twist knobs on the silver part of awning. No movement. Can't seem to get it to drop lower. There is a big "rivet" behind the twist knob, but it is in the same slot and will not move. Could it be solid because of dining slide?

We have the washer/dryer and have already found a need to use it. Our shower glass leaks like crazy around the edge. No sealant, just metal to shower. Towels got wet so used the dryer. Plan on removing the enclosure, cleaning it up and sealing myself.

Found in our paperwork a workorder for bedroom slide almost falling out in February. Was repaired up in Washington. They found the electric motors were barely mounted, ie all screws loose. There is some damage on the floor, that we plan on having tiles replaced. Interesting that the original owners did not have it replaced/fixed under warranty? May be why it was traded in a few months after being originally bought.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:36 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

747Driver, where are the knobs on the awning. Picture please.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

https://www.flickr.com/photos/218865...posted-public/

Sorry, dark outside. Looking aft, at the aft arm.

Both knobs were loose, but the arm will not collapse, allowing the awning to lower.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #17
Site Team

Isn't your awning electric?
Old 09-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Yes, but these knobs are suppose to allow u to lower the awning farther. At least that is what the manual says.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #19
Site Team

Ok, thanks. I've never tried that. :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

747Driver, after a second look I deleted my first reply and have a different answer. That rivet is a guide and is in the slot in the rail. I cannot put our awning all the way out but looks like the rail should slide in lowering the awning a bit. Be sure a loosen the knob before raising the awning.

Tags
vent