Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
adventurer 35f

Adventurer 35f

Hi
My name is ken I am new to this forum have been looking for a new rv for a couple of years I have settled on a winnebago adventurer 35f before my purchase what should I look for any issues you have experienced. Thank you
Thekoniors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome Ken!

The Adventurer is a great starting place for a new RV. Are you looking at new 35Fs? Or used older models?

You may or may not be aware. The Adventurer line was a mainstay until early 2018. Then the line was discontinued. WBGO came back with new Adventurers in 2019 that are similar to the older models... but have been changed in a few areas. The two versions are not the same feature-wise.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

35f here too...

Hey there - we just joined the forum yesterday...bought a Winnebago Vista LX 35f - which is probably same as yours. Have had RV in past, so not new to this.

Still winterized here in upstate NY, will be month or so before we can dewinterize. but so far it has been fun getting used to all the stuff in this coach - its a big upgrade from our Thor ACE.

I posted a thread on an issue I had with battery charging in the electrical section - which is now resolved........don't know if you had a similar issue so you may want to check that out.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
adventurer 35f

it is a new coach we did not buy yet it has everything we want. we have been camping all of our adult lives travel trailers, pop ups, and of course tents.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekoniors View Post
it is a new coach we did not buy yet it has everything we want. we have been camping all of our adult lives travel trailers, pop ups, and of course tents.
We love our Winne, have 30,000 miles on it and we have had our issues. Be sure to run the slides in and out several times and see that they sound smooth. Run the jacks up and down several times, mine error each time I turn off the power and then turn it back on.

Think about having a steering stabilizer and tracBar installed right away for handling.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:50 AM   #6
Veteran RV Owner

Ken, make sure your dealer does a very thorough "PDI" (Pre-Delivery Inspection). What you should do before taking the keys is to make sure everything works. I would suggest staying in the coach for a night or two to try out everything. My dealer LazyDays here in Tampa, Florida asks new owners to stay a night or two on their delivery lot and try out everything in the coach. That is how problems are found and then can be fixed before you drive the coach off the lot.
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 35F

We like the layout of our 35F, there are always issues to workout, using the TV, DVD player ..... getting used to the handling, ...... winterizing.........but all in all it’s a very nice coach you’ll enjoy it!
Coosguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have a Itasca Suncrisier 35 F, Check the slide and see if the large slide has the new upgrade. Also check the kitchen counter top for cracks. Ours has been replaced twice and is cracked again. Winnebago will not fix even though Dupont say it is a poor design and will crack again if they fix it.
clubrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

The last few years there have been lots of quality issues with new RV's from all mfg, including Winnebago. The mfg have been cranking out new RV's like mad and quality has suffered.

Before you pay for the rig, have the dealer hook it up to water, elect & sewer(or have a dump available after checkout). Spend a full 6-8 hours testing everything in the rig. Also contact a good mobile tech and pay them for about 4 hours to assist you with the check out.

Also write into the contract that you stay can on the lot for at least 24 hours to live in the rig and that the dealer will repair anything you find wrong that you missed in the first inspection.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #10
adventurer 35f

Ford warranty

We are about to buy an adventurer 35f want to add sumo springs sway bars front and back and steering stabilizer if I install these will they void my ford warranty
Old 04-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #11
Site Team

Any newer Adventurer on the the F53 chassis already has front and rear anti-sway bars. Many times people add an additional rear anti-sway bar but it's not as common for folks to also replace the front sway bar. See, in the rear you can add an additional bar but you can't do that on the front. You'd have to replace the existing bar with a beefier version. It is done sometimes but this is much less common.

I'm no legal expert but I've never heard of adding the items you're planning on installing effecting anyone's factory warranty on the chassis. I've added these to my 2017 Adventurer and I'm not concerned about this being a problem for the chassis warranty at all.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #12
adventurer 35f

Thank you all for the info I picked up my 2019 adventurer last friday after 4 hours of walk through I had enough info so I did what you suggested I stayed close to the dealership at a KOA campground all went well I love this motor home and after all the hours of walk through idid not ask the question how do you shut off the lp gas not the little shutoff valve that the gas grill attaches to the main shutoff for the coach. Thanks again for all the help
Old 05-01-2019, 05:46 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

The gas shut off on ours is a valve at the tank, Should be the same for yours.

Lots of great advice here form those contributing to this thread.

The largest problem we had with ours over 3 years has been never ending slide issues with the slide operating gear. Each slide (3 of them) has failed at least once, one failed 2X and the large slide (Powergear Digisync RPE) constantly has problems. The other slides are Powergear Slim Racks.

There is a video on WBGO's web site showing how to maintain or re- synch the Slim Racks. The Digisynch rams are more challenging if you have them.

We've had tons of issues with our Q, but have learned how to work through them and repair them ourselves or how to get them repaired.

Always know WBGO has a good customer service tech line that you need to use to ask questions and you will often get good results. 800-537-1885. Their web site has good schematics for you to utilize also.

I use them frequently and long before I consider interacting with a dealer.

At the end of the day we love our 38 Q and have stuck with it and learned to deal with the issues despite lots of frustration.

One other note: Before doing too much with your suspension- check out and learn how to do what is called the "CHF" or cheap handling fix for Ford F53's. Works great, made huge improvements in our handling, and won't cost you a dime if you can turn a wrench. Also consider a Safe T plus or other comparable steering stabilizer for safety and better handling. Best 2 changes we ever made to ours and saved us from a bad accident once.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #14
adventurer 35f

Leave fridge on between trips

Thank you all for the wonderful input it will be about 10 days before we go on or next trip should I pull power and shutoff the fridge or leave it plugged in and fridge on
Thanks again
Old 05-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #15
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Thank you all for the wonderful input it will be about 10 days before we go on or next trip should I pull power and shutoff the fridge or leave it plugged in and fridge on
Thanks again
Leave it plugged in and the fridge on. It will not hurt anything.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks again
If you have a gas/elect fridge, turn it off and defrost it. Then turn it back on 24 hours before you are ready to load it. If residential fridge just leave it on.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #17
adventurer 35f

I have another question when you are hooked to shore power do you leave the inverter on or turn it off thanks again
Old 05-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I have another question when you are hooked to shore power do you leave the inverter on or turn it off thanks again
It doesn't matter when on shore power. The inverter just passes the 120V power through when it sees shore power or generator power. When dry camping or boondocking you want to keep the inverter turned off unless you need it to power some 120V devices. An inverter pulls 1-3amps or more just being turned on, but not powering a 120V device.

Tags
adventurer, vent