Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Additional Blu-Ray Player

I am trying to add Netflix capability on my 2017 35P. I have a second Blu-Ray player that I can use but cannot figure out how to hook it up to my system. I tried to utilize the two HMDI cables in the entertainment cabinet but that did not work. Both those are designated for cable box use. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Those HDMI cables can be used for any HDMI device. We have a Roku plugged into our "SAT 1" HDMI cable. You know that you have to select the source from the HDMI matrix... right?
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I did get it to work after I MANUALLY selected sat 1. I thought it did that 'automagically' (palm hitting forehead). Now I need to figure out how to get it to play in the bedroom. I selected to correct input but when I looked for a different source the tV only showed TV and HMDI1, and neither gave me the results I want. What am I missing?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
Site Team

Yeah, it's not automatic. To have it work in the Bedroom you simply select SAT 1 on the bedroom TV on the HDMI Matrix. Start the DVD or Netflix first - then select SAT 1 on Bedroom on the HDMI Matrix. You can do it at the front cabinet, at the TV on that little black device with the 4 buttons and lights on it, or with the HDMI Matrix remote. Works the same on the outside TV if you have one.

And, ditch the extra blu-ray and buy a Roku for $100. Then you'll have netflix, hulu, amazon and anything else you want.

A good choice is DirecTV Now. for $40 a month you get 50 channels and even locals. Put the DTVN app on your Roku and it's like having Direct TV Sat in your RV but over the internet.

Be prepared, watching (streaming) internet TV shows and movies use a LOT of data if you're using cellular data. And, many RV park's internet service isn't up to handling streaming. Many RV Parks will try to block you from streaming too.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ordered the Roku and look forward to setting it up. Thanks for the advice.