Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

AC Questions Sunova 35J

New to us 2008 Sunova 35J and I have a question regarding the AC when running off AC (power cord). When running the generator it seems like only the back AC will run. Am I missing something? Seems like both units should work when the generator is running.
GetnBusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are you plugged into 30 or 50 amps.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Both compressors should be running. However, they won't register on the EMS due to the way the gen set is wired.
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry but my post was poorly written. The issue arises when the RV is running on the generator. Both thermostats are set to COOL at 74 degrees. The back AC blows great but the front Doesn't seem to be blowing
GetnBusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetnBusy View Post
New to us 2008 Sunova 35J and I have a question regarding the AC when running off AC (power cord). When running the generator it seems like only the back AC will run. Am I missing something? Seems like both units should work when the generator is running.
The Sunova models have a selector switch for to choose the power source for the rear AC (ours is behind a door panel beneath the fridge) but the front one should work regardless. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the switch... maybe a dirty contact or a loose wire that isn't allowing the front AC to operate on the generator setting.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Check your duct vent outlets, we had 2 of them aimed at the main area thermostat, our front ac would rarely run and would shut off almost immediately when it did come on. I closed the 2 offending duct vents and problem solved, front ac runs like it should. Also, there is 2 circuit breakers outside on your generator, each one controls power to 1 of your ACs, make sure one of them didn't trip.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

x2 what RVJeeper said. If that selector (power cord vs generator) is in the wrong position something will not work. Its described in the manual. Easy rider also has a point. That 20 amp breaker on the generator will trip and drive you nuts.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

GetnBusy:

Did you find the problem? Just fyi- on ours, ther rear s the one that won't come on if the switch under the fridge is inthe wrong position.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Check your duct vent outlets, we had 2 of them aimed at the main area thermostat, our front ac would rarely run and would shut off almost immediately when it did come on. I closed the 2 offending duct vents and problem solved, front ac runs like it should. Also, there is 2 circuit breakers outside on your generator, each one controls power to 1 of your ACs, make sure one of them didn't trip.
Don't your ducts rotate so you can point the air in a different direction and not have to close them?
Mine are round and do rotate.