Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Location: Winter location is Lettuce Lake Travel Resort Port Charolette Fl
About to purchase a 2007 Vectra TD

does this year of Vectra's have any major issues?
RWDMLD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have had the Winnebago TOUR TD model which is the sister to The Itasca Vectra TD model. We have only had one issue which was the slide out locks. They were a problem for us however we quit using them some 3-4 years ago and have had no other issue. Will advise you that there is a outlet covered by the rear booth which was for the unit with dinettes. I found it and moved it above the booth and made it available.
If you are like me I want to now how all the mechanics work and had a hard time getting access to the engine but it can be access with a lot of dissassembly of bedroom.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Actually, the Vectra was just just above the Tour at the top of the Winnebago lineup in 2007. The Itasca equivalent of the Tour was the Ellipse (and the Horizon was the equivalent of the Vectra).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Check the bedroom slide for leaks. Around the corners of the slide out.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

My wife and I have a 2007 Vectra TD. The slide locks are the biggest problem we have found, but not using the slide locks does not seam to be a problem. We had our Vectra for. About 1 yr, and 4000 miles
NY Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

2007 Vectra slide locks

how were the slide locks a problem?? did they stick closed, open, or not operate at all?? I have an 07 40TD and have not had any problems with them...

I also did not see the bedroom slide leaks....

I DID have issues with both slides that required rework at Winnie.... came from the previous owners using the slides when the coach was not on levelers and/or not level... caused damages to nylon parts and other things... EXPENSIVE!!!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Check the roof seals above the gutters. Not really a Vectra but a Winnebago in general item, just did mine it was the same on the Journey I had previously. You can do the job yourself it's just time consuming with 80 feet of caulk. I used 3m 4000 uv best stuff I have found for those seams. Check the clear coat on the front cap near the roof a new at the top of the whole coach, first thing to go as paint goes. Have not had a problem with the locks. I listen to them and you can hear when they are full engaged or disengaged. I think some folks hold the button too long or not long enough. Hard to tell there are no indicator lights to tell you when they are locked or unlocked. They take about 8 seconds to engage or disengage. I believe it's a screw mechanism and the sound is it turning. I just listen to them but it has to be quiet to hear them particularly on the front slide. Had a couple leaks on the hydraulic system for slides and jacks. You can check the hoses if you take the nut off under the steps and lift the front steps up. The paintwork on the chassis is pealing off. Lots of places in the engine compartment, undercarriage and generator compartment it is poor prep and the paint is just not sticking. POR 15 is great paint for that issue. Overall it's been great with very few issues. Why is the cover on the stove not on a hinge like my Journey was? It's a pain but a small one. Check for leaks in the water bay I had a couple on the filter and the pump just need tightening or new fitting. Make sure the power electric reel and water hose reel work. These coaches are really low to the ground so invest in jack stands if you maintain yourself and be careful on dirt roads or unimproved campgrounds. Overall I love mine in my opinion best floor plan I have found. Just put in new flat screens and 150' of coax. Not the easiest with the tv in in slide that's why I had to use so much wire. I did not like the sat receiver in the front so I moved it to under the tv put a receiver in the bedroom too. Retained factory coax for cable at pedestal and over air antennae. Wish the 07 had the full basement pass through like the 08 but you can't have everything. Like a lot on the 08 and it was a tough decision for me but the rear radiator and DPF on the 08 made the decision for me. As you probably know 07 was the last of the side radiators for Winne and the last with no DPF industry wide. I'd rather have a DEF system than DPF.

Tags
purchase