Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

89 Elandan levelers

Just got this 89 Winnebago ElanDan, 37 foot.

No owners manual, how are these things supposed to work? Are they electric, or does the engine need to be running? I have tried both ways.

When the engine is running, a Low Air light is on, do the levelers need air pressure to work?

no lights, no sounds, no sign that anything is happening no matter what position any of the 4 levers are in.

Thanks! Randy
GS1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you contact Winnie owner relations, they should be able to help, and may be able to connect you with a manual. Call (800) 537-1885 and have your coach s/n available.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to blacktruck
Arrow My limited experience

Only being a recent purchaser of the same model and year motorhome, I will relate what I have seen on mine. The pump is an electrically powered unit under the front of the coach that is controlled by four levers to the left of the drivers seat. This is not connected to the air system that I have seen or can think of. If you are getting a low air light, I would suggest it is from your compressor not working. It (compressor) is located under the left front corner behind the grill. The hydraulic pump should come on with the switch located in the same panel. The levers just control the flow of fluid to the various jacks. Like my disclaimer says at the top, my experience is limited to one trip in mine. I'm overseas so I can't go out and take a look at it right now.
If you find out anything different please post it up so I can see too.
Thanks.
Ken
Old 07-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Arrow And another thing....

Do what AFChap said. Contact Winnebago for help. I had a couple of questions on mine. I contacted them online and had answers within a day or so. Not bad for a 23 year old coach. I was impressed by their help and attitude toward those with older units.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Elandan levelers

Hi- Your levelers are operated through a hydralic system. The "low air" is reference to the rear air suspension. Both the Elandan and Elante have these systems. My low air light was on and I find a tripped breaker under the hood. Levelers run off of the chassis battery. Hope this sheds some light for you.
elanteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

HWH is the manufactuer of your hydro electric system. When all else fails they are pretty good with info. As said back in the day the rear suspension was called , I believe Jet Air, so it has nothing to do with your jacks. Make sure your system is full of tranny fluid and all wires are tight and the fuses are good, the battery and contacts are up to snuff and if all of this fails take a ride to Iowa and let the big boys do their stuff.

Don, WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Just as a sidenote, the air compressor for the rear suspension on my elante is behind a panel under the bathroom sink. Push in type resettable circuit breaker will be in the coach or under the hood. I agree with Don, check circiut breaker, then inspect all wiring to the controller and pump. Experience has shown me that proper ground connections can be a problem on motorhomes. Be sure to remove and clean ground to hydraulic pump for HWH levelers. In my opinion they are the best. Good luck, Robert
Old 09-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Arrow A sidenote to your sidenote.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanteman View Post
Just as a sidenote, the air compressor for the rear suspension on my elante is behind a panel under the bathroom sink. Push in type resettable circuit breaker will be in the coach or under the hood. I agree with Don, check circiut breaker, then inspect all wiring to the controller and pump. Experience has shown me that proper ground connections can be a problem on motorhomes. Be sure to remove and clean ground to hydraulic pump for HWH levelers. In my opinion they are the best. Good luck, Robert
Just curious here, what model do you have? I'm a new owner and have used mine a grand total of once so far. Price I pay for having such a long commute to work. I'm still learning about mine and trying to figure out where everything is. My air compressor is under the hood. Where would I find the circuit breakers for it? The front and rear air bags are plumbed into fill valves uunder the hood. The compressor isn't working so I'm trying to figure out why. It's a task for my next visit. For now this is long distance diagnosing....
Ya'll stay safe out there.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Hi- been out of town. The small compressor under the hood is for your air horns. Pull the panel under the sink or look under the couch for a larger compressor for rear air bags. My 1991 Winnebago Elante (Elandan successor) has a circuit breaker panel under the hood and under a cabinet door over the dinette. Hope this has shed some light for you. Note: the 12 volt circuit breakers look like round white pegs with the size printed on the outside of them. Good luck, Robert
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Arrow Good info...

Next time I'm home I'll take a look at it. I'm still in the process of locating things like that on my rare trip into the US.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

i have a 1989 Elandan 37 ft, hwh levelers, they will work with engine of just need key turned on. The system is electric pump, just do not run out of fluid. You will pop the seal in the kicker burn out electric motor, i kinow it happened to me, BIG EXPENSE
djlgnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elandan