Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have lost all power to 6 way electric driver's seat. I have checked the seat with a multi-meter and there is no power to the seat itself. I checked all fuses, house batteries are fully charged. Help
george & betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have lost all power to 6 way electric driver's seat. I have checked the seat with a multi-meter and there is no power to the seat itself. I checked all fuses, house batteries are fully charged. Help
george & betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #3

Did you check the breakers in the front panel?

You might want to get a copy of the wiring diagrams and the circuits. There may be an inline fuse that you don't see. The 3rd topic in this forum has a web page where you can get the information.

Tomcat F15
Old 04-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You have fuses under the dashboard on the left side of the steeering wheel and also under the hood in the vicinity of the master cylinder, under a plastic cover. Did you miss one?

Good luck! Electrical gremlins can be a pain to chase down, but it sounds like you're on the right track.

Best Regards![/QUOTE]

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

GEORGE & BETTY : IF your power supply to the seat uses a PLUG to connect the wires coming up out of the floor to the wires coming out from the chair, then examine the connections inside both halfs of the plug. If one of the wires is loose, or has pulled out of it's socket inside the plug, you will not have power. Simple solution is to cut out plug and use butt connectors to reconnect the wires. Good luck, ED
Old 04-22-2005, 01:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Whenever you want to bypass a plug you should try to use a male and female disconnect to join the wires rather than a butt connector, that way you don't have to cut the wire if you later have to unplug the connector.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:38 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Similar thing happened to me. Kept blowing fuse (20A I think). A tech found a bare wire making contact to ground under the seat.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

George & Betty. The same thing happened to me while in Florida this winter. It was a blown fuse. You don't indicate what coach you have or what chassis. On mine there were two fuse boxes under the dash. I checked all the obvious fuses but could not find one labeled for the power seat. Then I found another fuse box higher up with one of the fuses labled power seat. The label for these fuses is on the side wall.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote