Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to blacktruck
Arrow 38 ft Destination

Been lurking on the forum for quite awhile. I was in an Elandan and now a Destination. Just checking to see if there are any others out there with one of these. Full timing for almost two years. No issues with it at all. I just don't seem to run into many others with the Destination/Freightliner combination.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I own a 39W Destination DP. No you don't see many around. I love mine. Full timing around the US.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:24 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to some previous threads that may be helpful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Winn...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Have a 2009 Destination 37G - we love it. No "major" problems. Going to take out the Norcold and replace with a Samsung in a couple weeks - going to add an Auto Generator Start at the same time (or at least that is the plan). We have already removed the carpet and tile and replaced with engineered wood. A great coach - and since they were only built in 2008 & 2009, not many out there.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbob View Post
I own a 39W Destination DP. No you don't see many around. I love mine. Full timing around the US.
I'm in mine full time but sadly not traveling currently. On a bbig project for work and didn't want to rent or buy property so I'm parked and using it. In my trips around to other places, I would say they are a great coach and I find very few things I would want to change. (Caveat to that below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey53usa View Post
Have a 2009 Destination 37G - we love it. No "major" problems. Going to take out the Norcold and replace with a Samsung in a couple weeks - going to add an Auto Generator Start at the same time (or at least that is the plan). We have already removed the carpet and tile and replaced with engineered wood. A great coach - and since they were only built in 2008 & 2009, not many out there.
I would agree on the carpet. Been thinking about that too. The engineered wood is a much better looking and wearing choice in my opinion.
I appreciate the responses. I knew they were only made a few years so the numbers wouldn't be too high. I'm just trying to get out of the lurk mode here and just checking to see if there are any others here with the same coach.
Thanks all.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

They were only made in 2008 and 2009. I have had a lot of problems with my 2008. Must have been the first one off the lot. :-)

Jack issues since 2010. Still not resolved. Spent 10 days at factory service center and they could not resolve the jack alarm going off when jacks were up.

Trust me, since 2010 they have been worked on many, many times to include changing the jacks out (3 of them) and they still do not work correctly. Oh well!
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
They were only made in 2008 and 2009. I have had a lot of problems with my 2008. Must have been the first one off the lot. :-)

Jack issues since 2010. Still not resolved. Spent 10 days at factory service center and they could not resolve the jack alarm going off when jacks were up.

Trust me, since 2010 they have been worked on many, many times to include changing the jacks out (3 of them) and they still do not work correctly. Oh well!
Same problem, but found if I use manual they work fine..
Old 02-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I do use manual to put them down but the only way to put them up is to push the "All Up" button. It is automatic from that point to "up."

Within seconds of being in the up position the alarm will start dinging. Back in 2010 I put a toggle switch in-line with the power to the controller board. Now when I retract the jacks I just turn the switch and no alarm.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I have the 39W but on the Workhorse gas Chassis.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I do use manual to put them down but the only way to put them up is to push the "All Up" button. It is automatic from that point to "up."

Within seconds of being in the up position the alarm will start dinging. Back in 2010 I put a toggle switch in-line with the power to the controller board. Now when I retract the jacks I just turn the switch and no alarm.
I never had that problem yet.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wayne do you still have your original refrig or have you replaced it ? I am thinking about putting a residential refridge in mind the norcold doesn't seem to get as cold as it should.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Which Wayne? I still have my Norcold and it works great since the outside cooling fans were replaced.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

My jacks just started acting up recently. Sometimes when I hit a bump the jacks down alarm goes off. I have been told it is probably low on fluid so I am having that checked right now.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:29 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Regarding Jacks - When I had the "Jacks Down" alarm, while the jacks were up, it was traced to low fluid. On mine, I have to unload a compartment to get the door off, then get on my head to check the fluid.

Regarding the carpet - Removing was a great idea. The engineered wood looks good. The wood was installed by a professional who knows his craft. However, Winnebago designed the slide for a carpeted floor and uses "skids" under the slide. The skids will mark the floor. I took it in to my RV Dealer, and they said that this is an issue that they have seen quite a bit. They did "tilt" the slide and were able to clean out some accumulated debris (like window glass from five years ago when the Motor Home was broken into). They recommended putting carpet in front of the slide. I am going to continue using three 1/16 thick plastic sheets that I purchased. I lay them out when the slide first starts to come in and the slide rides on the plastic sheets. I position the plastic sheets under the edge of the slide when it goes out and let the slide "drag" them out, then DW and I stand on them during the last couple inches of slide travel and the slide drops down into place. I then store the plastic sheets (12x48) behind the couch.

Just something to think about -

BTW - I am having to replace the King Dome - it died.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbob View Post
Wayne do you still have your original refrig or have you replaced it ? I am thinking about putting a residential refridge in mind the norcold doesn't seem to get as cold as it should.
Bob, I still have the original Norcold and it it has been working great. If it went out I would install another just like it. I did have the safety mod put on and then I had the automatic fire extinguisher installed. I think anyone with a gas operated refrigerator should have one of those...never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Which Wayne? I still have my Norcold and it works great since the outside cooling fans were replaced.
Hey! Stop stealing my name. Hee hee!

Quote:
My jacks just started acting up recently. Sometimes when I hit a bump the jacks down alarm goes off. I have been told it is probably low on fluid so I am having that checked right now.
If you stop and look at the jacks do you see a little shinny piston showing. That is what happens to mine also but they come down after being raised almost immediately. If it is the Kwikee system then each jack has a "reed" switch that activates when the jack is all the way up. It could just be a bad reed switch. They are in series and pin #6 of the control panel should be shunted to ground when they are up (continuity to ground).

When he factory could not fix mine after having it for 10 days I took measures myself. If you take the control panel out and follow the red power wire there will be a very small module. It will have two spade lug terminals. I purchased a single throw toggle switch and interrupted the line that module and connected it through the toggle switch. I drilled a hole next to the control panel and mounted the toggle switch. Now when the alarm goes off I just throw the toggle and it silences the alarm. Keeps DW from climbing the windshield.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
If you stop and look at the jacks do you see a little shinny piston showing. That is what happens to mine also but they come down after being raised almost immediately. If it is the Kwikee system then each jack has a "reed" switch that activates when the jack is all the way up. It could just be a bad reed switch. They are in series and pin #6 of the control panel should be shunted to ground when they are up (continuity to ground).

When he factory could not fix mine after having it for 10 days I took measures myself. If you take the control panel out and follow the red power wire there will be a very small module. It will have two spade lug terminals. I purchased a single throw toggle switch and interrupted the line that module and connected it through the toggle switch. I drilled a hole next to the control panel and mounted the toggle switch. Now when the alarm goes off I just throw the toggle and it silences the alarm. Keeps DW from climbing the windshield.
For the time being my wife gets up and turns the jacks on and then hits the all up button. I will look into a more permanent fix if topping off the fluid doesn't work.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

I replaced the carpet with Allure vinyl tile. What a huge mistake! The seams have all opened up and the slides have scraped most of the color off the vinyl. I am going to replace with a single piece of vinyl and then use plastic strips when opening and closing the slides.

Anyone having a problem with slide shear pins?

Old 02-08-2017, 05:36 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Arrow

Quote:
I replaced the carpet with Allure vinyl tile. What a huge mistake! The seams have all opened up and the slides have scraped most of the color off the vinyl. I am going to replace with a single piece of vinyl and then use plastic strips when opening and closing the slides.

Anyone having a problem with slide shear pins?
Not really wanting to go with vinyl flooring but I am curious about how it secured to the floor. I still have the original carpets and they are okay but I really wish there was engineered wood flooring in place of that. This is my first MH with a slide so I am trying to figure out how that would affect the installation of something other than carpet.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

The engineered wood that was installed in our coach is glued to the subfloor. Gives a nice solid surface. If I were to do this over, I would probably leave a little carpet in front of the slide for it (the slide) to come up on.