Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Doing the research to transition from p/t B-van to full-time Class A. I'm researching a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, and wondered if there is any where, possibly half of the wardrobe? where one could install a washer/dryer combo. Thanks for any input! Chris
ChristineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Doing the research to transition from p/t B-van to full-time Class A. I'm researching a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, and wondered if there is any where, possibly half of the wardrobe? where one could install a washer/dryer combo. Thanks for any input! Chris
Old 01-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

For '07 the 35U was discontinued. The replacement (forget the model right now) is very similar with WD area where my shirt wardrobe and some drawers are. I imagine mine is a very similar set up to what you have.

I think I would not have much trouble redoing the countertop and removing the shirt wardrobe to install a WD if I were so inclined. Plumbing would probably be the most challenging part, but should be doable.

I think your '00 does not have the BR slide that I do. If that is the case, you might have sufficient room in the wardrobe, but it would be tight. I'd get some good measurements before I did much serious thinking on that space. Again, the plumbing would probably be the hardest part.

HTH

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
If you are wanting a MH with a washer/dryer combo then I would buy one with it installed already. There are plenty of them out there. Just my opinion.

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I dont see any way you would put a WD in the 35U. First concern using the wardrobe is the weight of the WD on the slide unit. Second and more important maybe, dont see how you would do the plumbing. Off the top of my head, I dont ever remember seeing a floor plan anywhere where the WD is in a slide.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Mike, and if I did consider putting in a W/D it would be a stacked model which would eliminate more storage space. IMHO

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks to all for the input. The MH is located remote from me (well, EVERYTHING is located remote from me right now) and I don't know the exact floorplan, just some of the info I've been able to locate on line. As I need dual pane windows as well, it limits some of the used units. Buying new I can specify exactly what I get, but hate to not research some of the excellent units already out there.
Thanks again! Christine
Old 01-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChristineMarie:
Doing the research to transition from p/t B-van to full-time Class A. I'm researching a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, and wondered if there is any where, possibly half of the wardrobe? where one could install a washer/dryer combo. Thanks for any input! Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

My wife and I have looked into this and it would be such a major undertaking that we decided to go without the washer.

In the closet accross from the bathroom you would have to remove the mirrored doors to allow for the washer taking up half the closet and then use a flexible drain and water feed coming from behind the side trim closest to the pantry and going under the fridge to the galley drain line etc. You would loose a good portion of the closet, have a drain prone to failure and add a bit of weight in the slide that may or may not lead to future problems.

At the foot of the bed you would have to modify the sliding bedroom doors, wardrobe cabinett, hamper and vanity counter to get one in but it will be tight and the bed may wedge against it when bringing in the slide.

The new 35T(?) gets the washer at the foot of the bed by making the bathroom a bit smaller using an angle shower, pushing the toilet foward and having the sink angled beside the toilet. It also slides the galley and entrance foward eliminating the table and chair behind to co-pilots seat.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

If you like the basic floorplan of the 35U but want a W/D, take a look at used Winnebago Adventurers/ Itasca Suncruiser 38G models. They are still 2 slide units but come pre-plumbed for the W/D.
zertrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We have a 36 ft sunflyer with a washer/dryer you might want to look at one, they are a bit of upgrade from the suncruser
herbtrout is offline   Reply With Quote