Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I have a 29 VE. Not sure what you have
From the drop down cabinet over the door I went thru the cabinet over the dinette. In the cabinet on the end at the wall there is a panel that is racked on. Pull that panel. Looking in you will see the shower stall thru the hole in the back corner. I dropped one end of a 25 foot cable down that hole and when I pulled out my pantry I saw the cable had made it to the bottom at the bottom of the shower. I fed more cable until it looped towards the dinette seat. The I removed the dinette plywood seats so I could get my hand in there and grab it I then taped the end to a long skinny fluxible piece of wood long enough th feed under the shower to the bathroom cabinet. Take the two panels out under the narrow part of the bathroom cabinet and you will see the outside tv metal box and cables that go into the tv box. Reach down to the floor until you find your cable and pull it through and feed it to the TV. For they’ve above the dinette in the cabinet you will see a cutout behind the tv and in the cabinet that has a cable going to it. I just feed one end of my 15 foot cablehorizontal until in cane out thru the cutout behind the TV. Two down one to. The 50 foot cable got routed around the front of the coach tucked under the wood strip that runs inside across the top of the bunk bed Both top panels in the open side panels are removed and it gets a little tricky to get the cable thru but lay with it until you find a path
Once you get to the drivers side run it along the top of the slide out cut out to the back. I secured mine with a few dabs of sealant all the way to the end
Hook up all three at tv attached the other end to a powered HDMI splitter and you are good to go. Take your time and you will get there
Enjoy
Westy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Westy, I looked at your floor plan and I understand how you accomplished the cables. I have a 2019 27pe, the entertainment center is above the entry and my dinette and tv are on the other side of the room. Back to the drawing board. ha Thanks again
jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Just off subject a bit, but the Vista and Sunstar 27PE are identical coaches - any idea why Winnebago maintains 2 product lines for the same coach?
keithpollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithpollard View Post
Just off subject a bit, but the Vista and Sunstar 27PE are identical coaches - any idea why Winnebago maintains 2 product lines for the same coach?
What I understand is Sunstar is under
The Itasca line and the Vista is under Winnebago line and they seem to be the same thing. I understand they want to stop the itasca line and put everything under the Winnebago line. Doesn’t make any sense to me but neither does not having HDMI outlets at the TVs. (Just had to get that little rant in there) lol
Old 02-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #25
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithpollard View Post
I have a 2019 Winnie Sunstar. I am trying to work out how to watch satellite on all the TVs as advertised during the sales process. The only wiring is coax -

Cheers, Keith
As I read your statements of no HDMI cables, I'm blown away. This is a major issue, one that I would have returned the RV and demanded another one. This is totally unacceptable! The Winnebago website clearly states "Satellite Ready", and without HDMI cables it's clearly NOT. Get in touch with Winnebago and ask them why their RV doesn't match the website advertising. They are required advertising matches the products sold, otherwise it's FALSE advertising. This just isn't like Winnebago, something is seriously wrong.

My 2018 Vista 32YE (virtually the same as a Sunstar) has dual HDMI cable channels going to all 3 TV locations in the RV, from the entertainment center area, located above the entry door. If you look up your wiring diagram for your model in the Winnebago website, it should show HDMI cables in the wiring diagram. Look it up before you call Winnebago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat ready.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	171169   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI wiring.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	171170  

John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Jeepster
I still think you can be creative in routing a wire over to your TV on the drivers side. Look at the opening over the sliding door. There is a path there. Sometime you just have to make the best of what you have- or whine all day long and get no result. You have the talent.
Go for it.
Westy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Didn’t mean to sound whiny. I was saying shame on Winnebago. Like I said in an earlier post, I have already found a satisfactory work around. Thanks for your input
Old 03-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2011 Sightseer with a roof mounted sat dish. Main TV is connected via component cables.(5) The Outside TV and BDRM TV are connected via coax Ant Cable. I got a RF Modulator with composite cable (3-Yel,Red,Whi) input and coax output. I also got a Coax A-B Switch (for Ant and Sat) connected to Outside TV and BDRM TV. It is not a bad picture, I'd say SD (Std Def) No fan - No noise.
dcmccabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring