Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 2018 Vista 31B Full Slide

The documentation for this unit says to level the unit and then extend the full wall slide. Many times when I follow this procedure the unit becomes slightly off level after the wall is extended. It is not so bad as to be unusable but it is noticeable. Has anyone had this issue and what was the solution?
I have considered doing a manual leveling after the slide is out but thought that might cause more problems than it solved.

Thanks,
Ron
ronwessrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Wandering Winnie

you can put the slides out, and at a very level parking lot reset the zero point. This can be done on all levelers. Just go online and do a search for your brand.
kc8kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the Winnebago Owners Community!

You did not state in your original post that the coach does not level when you operate the leveling system. So , post #2 is off topic for your issue.

On a properly working Winnebago once you level the front-back and side-side level will stay the same with slides in our out, when your jacks all deploy on solid ground and all 4 jacks make solid contact with the ground. Sometimes you have to spread out the weight with jack pads, you can buy these or by using plywood squares. I use 12" x 12" 3/4" plywood squares. You can stack the squares where jacks are over low ground to make sure they all make solid contact.

Since this is your first post some other best practice you may not be aware of:

You want to avoid using jacks to lift the rear wheels off the ground, and never on both sides. The parking brake only works on the rear axle wheels you you are less stable with rear wheels off the ground.

Buy 2 good wheel chocks and chock at least 1 wheel that is making good contact with the ground.

Drive wheels up on leveling blocks and get it within 2 degrees level side-side and front-back before you start to auto level.

If you are doing all these things and you still are having the intermittent leveling issue and can reproduce it at will on a hard surface parking lot then you have a warranty issue, chances are the hydraulic valve assembly on your leveling system has a bad seal.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the info, I will try the use of pads on my next adventure.

ron
ronwessrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide