Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Winnie does not heat the floors, electric or hydronic.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian42e View Post
Winnie does not heat the floors, electric or hydronic.

Please check out Heating and Cooling under Options: https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...specifications.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Well I'll be, I stand corrected. Never heard of that on a winnie. Wonder if it is electric or hydronic. It's not specific.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian42e View Post
Well I'll be, I stand corrected. Never heard of that on a winnie. Wonder if it is electric or hydronic. It's not specific.

Hydronic I believe. Seems I saw some thread about problems with it.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Heated floors

We have a 2014 Ellipse which doesn’t have heated floors and we spent an entire winter in central PA without any complaints about could floors. We spent a few bucks on nice rugs and that took care of everything. In fact I was glad we didn’t have them as it’s just one more, potentially complex, thing to fail. The aqua-hot running kept certain areas of the floor warm too.

Our Aqua-Hot worked perfectly and in sub-zero weather the interior temperature was perfect and the basement area stayed warm too. I added 1 auxiliary heater to the water compartment. I also have a 3 sensor wireless thermostat; put 1 outside, 1 in the water compartment and 1 at the water hydrant.

The only negative issue is in that type of climate the interior of the cabinets in the slide outs get significant moisture buildup because of the lack of adequate insulation. The solution was to leave some of the cabinet doors open and keep everything inside away from the interior walls of the cabinets.
bdersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdersham View Post
We have a 2014 Ellipse which doesn’t have heated floors and we spent an entire winter in central PA without any complaints about could floors. We spent a few bucks on nice rugs and that took care of everything. In fact I was glad we didn’t have them as it’s just one more, potentially complex, thing to fail. The aqua-hot running kept certain areas of the floor warm too.

Our Aqua-Hot worked perfectly and in sub-zero weather the interior temperature was perfect and the basement area stayed warm too. I added 1 auxiliary heater to the water compartment. I also have a 3 sensor wireless thermostat; put 1 outside, 1 in the water compartment and 1 at the water hydrant.

The only negative issue is in that type of climate the interior of the cabinets in the slide outs get significant moisture buildup because of the lack of adequate insulation. The solution was to leave some of the cabinet doors open and keep everything inside away from the interior walls of the cabinets.

Bob, we recently bought a Eva-Dry dehumidifier from Amazon.com https://smile.amazon.com/Eva-Dry-Edv...i+dehumidifier
A larger model is available. Helps greatly. We also leave the ceiling vents cracked open a bit. Lets the moisture out and not much heat loss. The trade off is worth it.

Rick
Old 06-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Just watched Lichtsinn's video of the new Gran Tour 45 and the floors are heated with the Aqua Hot, so it looks like Winnebago and Entegra both do that now. Tiffin is still electric I believe.

Tags
purchase, winnebago