Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
2016 Suncruiser 37F

2016 Suncruiser 37F Cameras not working during towing

I have a 2016 Suncruiser 37F that has a new Infotainment System, works great, EXCEPT, once we put the coach in drive and are hooked with our tow vehicle, the cameras will not work, it says "no video available". Once we un-hook, everything works fine. Any ideas as to what is causing this??
Old 04-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
Site Team

This is a head scratcher! More details please. By "hooking" and "unhooking" you mean connecting the 7 pin electrical connection between the MH and your Toad. Right?

Because at least both items - your cameras and your 7-pin electrical connection are electrical. So, if one thing is causing your camera to drop out it seems it would have to be due to an electrical issue.

What I'm saying, is if you connect your Toads baseplate to the towbar and DO NOT connect the 7-pin connector then the camera's still work. Yes??

Is this a new issue? Always done this or just started? A new Toad? A new motorhome? Details please.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
2016 Suncruiser 37F

The camera works until you pull out. One time it didn't work immediately, the next time it dropped out at 10 miles. This is a brand new infotainment center, it has worked fine for the last 3 trips without a tow vehicle.
We just got the tow vehicle hooked up for the first time this week. I am not sure if it is related to the 7 to 6 pin connector or if it has something to do with the auxiliary brake system. We have sent for a new coil cord (7 to 6 pin), since the one we have came used with the used motor home. Someone suggested that the diode for the brake system (under the hood with the brake wiring) may be feeding back. Not sure what that means or if it is a thing or not?
Old 04-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
Site Team

So... what happens if you don't connect the 7-pin cable? Does the camera system work then?

Yes, there are supposed to be one-way diodes on the brakelights installed to keep power from feeding back into the RV. I don't know if it can do this.

Seems like you need more testing to discern, for sure, if hooking up the toad and your cameras' not working are really related.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

MicroBypass

I have a 2016 Sunova 33c and my Pioneer stereo/camera system would not allow watching camera or videos when in drive. I installed this bypass and now can see camera view of toad. Don't watch videos though! https://www.amazon.com/MicroBypass-A...AD4G6MDW11PCTJ
chickenman05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, tow, suncruiser, camera